Still need a champ sale

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

12-20-2012

Why not just chill out and wait a week until the next champ sale? It's not like your RP/IP is going to go bad or anything.

FearOfTheFlesh

12-20-2012

Ya of course Ill wait the 2 weeks but why cant I voice my opinion wishing to have one? The rest of u are voicing ur opinions on various other things and this as well I cant do the same?

Why all the hostility I didnt know this community was so unwelcoming to newer players even in the newer player forum section geez.

Ten Inch Rooster

12-20-2012

I've always been of the mind to keep RP for skins and IP for champs except the champs you really have a hard-on for. But I will say this, because of the nature of the store where you have to get the champ for the skin, this skin sale should at least allow newer players to put some kind of "intend to buy" reservation on say 3 or 4 skins so that when they save up the IP for the champ they still have the opportunity to get that limited skin.

Seņor Blanco

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster View Post
this skin sale should at least allow newer players to put some kind of "intend to buy" reservation on say 3 or 4 skins so that when they save up the IP for the champ they still have the opportunity to get that limited skin.
Just make sure you always have 6300 IP saved so you can unlock a champ whenever you want to.

GON the Mage Guy

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearOfTheFlesh View Post
@ GON the Mage Guy

I dont know why you are making this personal. But since you are I guess I should at least explain the hours since you're including yours. I am doing clinical rotations then studying, I don't count the study hours that's bonus. On my last rotation which was a urology elective (just finished a week ago) I had 24 hour calls 3 times a week and did 5am-8pm 6 days a week. Hours depend on the rotation. Currently I am on an ambulatory med elective so hours are more lax. The reason I included them was to note that even when playing I won't be "massing games". That was the point, not to draw attention to how many hours it is.
You, uh, kinda already did by saying "I go to school xyz."

To be frank, I don't care what your schedule is. If you can't play, that's your deal, not anyone else's. You're not able to play any other game that unlocks things during that time either, should other games lower their prices and standards to fit your needs? Should WoW refund your money if you didn't play for a month despite paying the subscription fee? No, because that's ridiculous.

Quote:
As for the tuition the reason it was mentioned was because of a previous post that was asking about being able to afford it or not, so it was a response to explain that being "able to afford it" is not a concern for nearly anyone playing this game anyway, but having it be cheaper when its something you wish to buy is nice. You should read it in context. The only reason I don't quote when I reply is because I believe quoting makes it more personal and confrontational which I don't wish for, or need the hostility from. The forums is a negative enough place as it is.
I quote because I directly address points and it breaks up text into easier to read chunks. Everyone wants something cheaper or for free. Doesn't mean it's going to happen or if it's even reasonable.

Quote:
In regards to obtaining the champs my point wasn't that I cant but it would be nice to have a useful sale for me. Why do u need a skin sale? You can't afford to buy them at the regular price? Of course you can, but is it not nice to buy them when they are on sale? Same applies here..
Have you checked the main page today?

There's nothing wrong with the previous skin and champ sales.

Quote:
Your hostility makes no sense to me. You are getting the skin sale you want, I am simply stating that not everyone is after that, and some like me (maybe I am not the majority but I am a newer player which this section of the forum is dedicated for) value the champ and rune pages/rune sales more because we are still behind in those.
What hostility? Being frank isn't the same as being hostile. I feel your request is unreasonable simply because it boils down to "I don't have enough time to play, lower the prices so I can buy everything."

Quote:
As for improving you are wrong about that. I neither need to improve or does it matter. All that matters is that I enjoy it and that is my only aim when playing. Hitting gold, platinum or whatever makes no difference anyway. When I seek advice to improve its not because I think it is important that I hit a certain level but to feel more rewarded and less of a burden "when" playing with friends, in terms of the general player base it doesn't matter because if you are as bad as me, first shame on you but mainly you'd be okay with me being with or against you, but if you are significantly better which I would bet you are you'll never see me so why would you care exactly how well I play? You will never face me.
I wasn't talking about Ranked. You have an Elo no matter what queue, and there are different types of players in each area.

You first say it doesn't matter, then go on to say it does matter when playing with friends. Regardless of your contradiction, you're seeking to get better in one form or another to enjoy the game more.

As far as your last two sentences, you're in the New Players Forum. We give advice for playing and help new players, so contrary to what you may think, I help new players so they can get better. I've started a smurf account to help out newer players in random games. Sorry if that reasoning didn't ever occur to you.

Quote:
Simply put, everyone enjoys sales on things they want to buy and have reasons to buy regardless of the reasoning for buying. Just because you believe it is wrong of me to buy the 6.3k champs with RP doesn't mean it is true. I don't intend on ever buying a 6.3k champ with IP only RP because it takes a long time to earn that much IP. If you did it congrats and power to you but that is not something I intend to do. As for skins I dont care about skins and being a newer player would love more rune pages and champs which as a result of time constraints (regardless of what you believe your time constraints are) I buy and a discount on them would be nice. You don't need to argue just for the sake or arguing and personalize things.
And likewise. You're putting more stock into thinking I'm being "personal" than really is warranted, when in reality I just see your argument as unreasonable and a bit selfish.

termenater

02-04-2013

Riot i would like to see champs go on sale for IP and RP. there are people that dont spend money and so they will still want the champs though so i think that you guys should try it and see how it works.

TorchwoodNought

02-04-2013

I have another opinion on the matter. I played the game quite some time ago am coming back to league because it takes less time to play than other games I was involved in (imagine that). So I don't know if I classify as a NEW player or not but I am certainly new again after all the changes.

As somebody who has played end game content on many other games including League a bit I think Riot should remove the ability to buy any champion for any amount for the first month you are in the game. This gives you only 4-5 weeks of forced champion rotation so you are required to play with more champions. As of right now you get 400RP at level 3 (which I hit after doing both tutorials and ONE (and only) Co-OP v AI game?) which allows you to purchase one of the cheaper champions. This means you can auto lock a champion and to hell with your teammates because you picked up a champion you like in your first night or two of playing.

And this truly wont fix the problem so what is the point anyway? Riot does what Riot does because they need to make money somehow since this fun and infuriating game is free to play at its core. It never hurts to ask, but I would not hold your breath.

*not a secret Riot employee