Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Still need a champ sale

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearOfTheFlesh

Recruiter

12-19-2012

I dont think more vet players understand just how behind newer players in the game are to them both in runes and champions. As a result a lot of us to catch up either need to play a lot more or buy champs and rune pages and ip boosts with rp. Champion sales help accelerate this significantly.

They should consider perhaps having 10 champions on sale each week for us to do this. Those who have them already dont need to worry and tghose who want particular champs are more likely to get them faster.

Just my 2 cents from a newer player point of view.

FearOfTheFlesh

Recruiter

12-19-2012

Skin sales are wonderful for vets but some of us still need runes rune pages and other champs first. So pls keep us in mind too.

Sereg Anfaug

12-19-2012

Champion sales are for RP only - the IP cost is the same. And you should never be buying champions with RP, unless you're quite wealthy IRL, in which case, why worry about a sale?

Cloud25

12-19-2012

Quote:
Sereg Anfaug:
Champion sales are for RP only - the IP cost is the same. And you should never be buying champions with RP, unless you're quite wealthy IRL, in which case, why worry about a sale?

You don't need to be wealthy in order to spend a few dollars for a champion. People need to understand there is an enormous opportunity cost to play this game. You'd need to grind a week or two just to save up for a single 6300 IP champion. If you plan to play this game for a very long time, investing in those 475 RP champion sales would be the better option.

Sereg Anfaug

12-19-2012

That would be true, except you need a time investment in this game to get better at it, anyway. So it's not actually an opportunity cost.

I'm not saying don't give Riot money - I just think skins, which can only be acquired with money, are a better use of it then champions which can additionally be acquired with a time investment that's also serving the purpose of increasing your skill and proficiency in the game.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-19-2012

There are a lot of different systems interacting here. Putting more champions on sale may discourage big spenders and small spenders alike from buying champions when they're not on sale. Also, reducing prices in general means that less money buys you more "power". (While it doesn't affect gameplay, having more champions unlocked does give you a bit of an advantage.) If this effect becomes too great, it reflects poorly on the game as a whole, and may cause players to leave or discourage new players from joining the game.

FearOfTheFlesh

Recruiter

12-19-2012

I know their ip cost doesnt go down i am talking about their rp cost. Not everyone values cosmetics like skins. I dont care for them. I on the other hand do want to have most champs I want to play occassionally as well as rune pages. You say mass games but you have a year or more on me. Put it this way Ive played for 2 months and have 40 champs and 2 rune pages primarely becuz i bought quite a bit already as I dont have as much time for the game.

My tuition is 20k a semester and I finish daily at 7:30pm and start the next day at 8am.

To what level I improve doesnt matter as your play quality doesnt matter anyway. For me I enjoy variety of champs and playing them diff ways I dont really care how good I am. Since many of us wait on champs to go on sale anyway to buy it would be nice to see them go on sale earlier so I wouldnt wait as long. Just becuz I can afford it doesnt mean I should waste it. Im sure many of us if we wanted can blow 10k on this game tomorrow but Id rather not.

GON the Mage Guy

12-19-2012

Quote:
FearOfTheFlesh:
I know their ip cost doesnt go down i am talking about their rp cost. Not everyone values cosmetics like skins. I dont care for them. I on the other hand do want to have most champs I want to play occassionally as well as rune pages. You say mass games but you have a year or more on me. Put it this way Ive played for 2 months and have 40 champs and 2 rune pages primarely becuz i bought quite a bit already as I dont have as much time for the game.

I'm not sure what your complaint is, you already have a third of the champions in just 2 months, but you won't/can't put in any more time to get stuff for free. You want them to put stuff on sale because you're not playing the game. I don't...what...?

Quote:

My tuition is 20k a semester and I finish daily at 7:30pm and start the next day at 8am.

Okay.

My Freshman year I was running 8am - 10pm days 6 days a week, but still found time for a release through games. I don't see what bearing this has.

Quote:
To what level I improve doesnt matter as your play quality doesnt matter anyway. For me I enjoy variety of champs and playing them diff ways I dont really care how good I am.

To reiterate your words, you've only been playing two months. Improving DOES matter, and the more the play, the more you improve, the more strategy you see, and the broader your experience you attain.

Quote:
Since many of us wait on champs to go on sale anyway to buy it would be nice to see them go on sale earlier so I wouldnt wait as long. Just becuz I can afford it doesnt mean I should waste it. Im sure many of us if we wanted can blow 10k on this game tomorrow but Id rather not.

Nope. Most people that play this game don't spend a dime.

FearOfTheFlesh

Recruiter

12-19-2012

@ GON the Mage Guy

I dont know why you are making this personal. But since you are I guess I should at least explain the hours since you're including yours. I am doing clinical rotations then studying, I don't count the study hours that's bonus. On my last rotation which was a urology elective (just finished a week ago) I had 24 hour calls 3 times a week and did 5am-8pm 6 days a week. Hours depend on the rotation. Currently I am on an ambulatory med elective so hours are more lax. The reason I included them was to note that even when playing I won't be "massing games". That was the point, not to draw attention to how many hours it is.

As for the tuition the reason it was mentioned was because of a previous post that was asking about being able to afford it or not, so it was a response to explain that being "able to afford it" is not a concern for nearly anyone playing this game anyway, but having it be cheaper when its something you wish to buy is nice. You should read it in context. The only reason I don't quote when I reply is because I believe quoting makes it more personal and confrontational which I don't wish for, or need the hostility from. The forums is a negative enough place as it is.

In regards to obtaining the champs my point wasn't that I cant but it would be nice to have a useful sale for me. Why do u need a skin sale? You can't afford to buy them at the regular price? Of course you can, but is it not nice to buy them when they are on sale? Same applies here..

Your hostility makes no sense to me. You are getting the skin sale you want, I am simply stating that not everyone is after that, and some like me (maybe I am not the majority but I am a newer player which this section of the forum is dedicated for) value the champ and rune pages/rune sales more because we are still behind in those.

As for improving you are wrong about that. I neither need to improve or does it matter. All that matters is that I enjoy it and that is my only aim when playing. Hitting gold, platinum or whatever makes no difference anyway. When I seek advice to improve its not because I think it is important that I hit a certain level but to feel more rewarded and less of a burden "when" playing with friends, in terms of the general player base it doesn't matter because if you are as bad as me, first shame on you but mainly you'd be okay with me being with or against you, but if you are significantly better which I would bet you are you'll never see me so why would you care exactly how well I play? You will never face me.

Simply put, everyone enjoys sales on things they want to buy and have reasons to buy regardless of the reasoning for buying. Just because you believe it is wrong of me to buy the 6.3k champs with RP doesn't mean it is true. I don't intend on ever buying a 6.3k champ with IP only RP because it takes a long time to earn that much IP. If you did it congrats and power to you but that is not something I intend to do. As for skins I dont care about skins and being a newer player would love more rune pages and champs which as a result of time constraints (regardless of what you believe your time constraints are) I buy and a discount on them would be nice. You don't need to argue just for the sake or arguing and personalize things.

Waffletimewarp

12-20-2012

Damn the butthurt.

Chill out, there are two skin sales a week. One extended one won't hurt you that it takes the place of oe or two.