Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

101 excuse for not playing support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Angel 2k3

12-19-2012

The ADC constantly blames me for how bad he is at this game.

LNLColdshock

12-19-2012

A friend I play with ONLY plays support, so I dont really get a chance to try it.

But I gotta say. Support is boring when your adc sucks.

Ekimathor

12-19-2012

I'm blindfolded.

Postal Miku

12-19-2012

my dog ate my Soraka

IS104fff2b3ed810a7a4daa

12-19-2012

Quote:
Ekimathor:
I'm blindfolded.

thats not a valid excuse not to play support
neither is "i'm sleeping"

Coatlicue

12-19-2012

ali and blitz always banned

Modpearl

12-19-2012

"I'm only gonna need about half your cs"

Digitality

12-19-2012

I can't carry games from the role. This is going to sound pretty arrogant, but I play with generally lower win total / lower win ratio r/l and longtime gaming friends. It turns out that if I'm not carrying games we lose more often than if I am. Support isn't going to win the game for their team.

Support matters. If I'm significantly better than the enemy support I will get my carry fed. I will manage vision better on the map, and I will set up better engages as much as I can. I'll keep track of spawn timers, and summoner cooldowns. (the latter being a skill I'm just recently adding to my repertoire) There's a lot of good and helpful **** I can do.

I can have an absolutely huge impact on the game as a support. I cannot, however, win it outright. Sometimes leadership and coordinating is enough. Other times I get the "Don't tell me how to play!" guys. If the ducks don't line up in a row, so to speak, it doesn't matter how good I am as support, the team can effectively throw the game without me being able to stop them.

I like to win, and I've found my best chances are not always in the support role.

The other reason is because I actually pay my dues in regularly doing everything my team needs but jungle. I will even jungle if I'm absolutely forced to do so, and it's passable but it's definitely my weakest role. Once I've supported several games in a row I don't care if someone's never supported before, I need to do something different.

Noboty

12-19-2012

Support is boring

Dragull2

12-19-2012

This AD carry sucks.