Clarification needed: What to do better in the future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Posted on reddit just a while ago: http://redd.it/154a0u

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Bump.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Any more thoughts on this case?

A Wild Magikarp

12-19-2012

I do quite a bit of tribunal review and I'm very hesitant to pardon people because there is usually something at least moderately incriminating in most cases I see. If it's not outright pardonable, I'll just skip the case instead of just dropping the punish hammer on the slightest thing. That said, other than that sketchy comment about purposely picking something subpar for your team just to get your way, I don't really see what's bannable at all in these cases. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I've had several 100 correct streaks broken by pardons of cases that involve things like telling people to kill themselves, nasty racial slurs, etc. so I can't see why this wouldn't be a pardon as well.

I will say this... there are 2 things we can't see as judges though... 1) your pre/post game chat 2) the other reports that contributed to geting you in tribunal. It very well may be that you are deserving of a ban based on other games, etc. that we can't see, but that possibility has no relevance to your guilt/innocence in these 5 cases. I'll be quite honest in saying you're the first person I've seen complaining about a ban that I have actually been shocked to see it happen... (of course there are probably a lot of people who get pardons who'd be shocked that they got off the hook). Good luck on pursuing this matter with support.

I will add 1 thing however. As far as I know, your ban progression is not dependent on the severity of your behavior each time outside of maybe threatening to kill someone or some extremely rare, despicable cases. No matter how tame or nasty your misbehavior was, it is still seen as misbehavior and punished progressively harsher each time. To get to the 14 day ban point, you obviously had to have done something wrong in the past. Just be extra careful and you should be fine.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wild Magikarp View Post
I do quite a bit of tribunal review and I'm very hesitant to pardon people because there is usually something at least moderately incriminating in most cases I see. If it's not outright pardonable, I'll just skip the case instead of just dropping the punish hammer on the slightest thing. That said, other than that sketchy comment about purposely picking something subpar for your team just to get your way, I don't really see what's bannable at all in these cases. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I've had several 100 correct streaks broken by pardons of cases that involve things like telling people to kill themselves, nasty racial slurs, etc. so I can't see why this wouldn't be a pardon as well.

I will say this... there are 2 things we can't see as judges though... 1) your pre/post game chat 2) the other reports that contributed to geting you in tribunal. It very well may be that you are deserving of a ban based on other games, etc. that we can't see, but that possibility has no relevance to your guilt/innocence in these 5 cases. I'll be quite honest in saying you're the first person I've seen complaining about a ban that I have actually been shocked to see it happen... (of course there are probably a lot of people who get pardons who'd be shocked that they got off the hook). Good luck on pursuing this matter with support.

I will add 1 thing however. As far as I know, your ban progression is not dependent on the severity of your behavior each time outside of maybe threatening to kill someone or some extremely rare, despicable cases. No matter how tame or nasty your misbehavior was, it is still seen as misbehavior and punished progressively harsher each time. To get to the 14 day ban point, you obviously had to have done something wrong in the past. Just be extra careful and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply.

I realize that there's more cases than just those 5, but the confusing thing is that the judges that punished me didn't see those either.

As I stated in my post I used to complain about people not only in a polite manner, quite a lot even. But the 1 and 3 day bans one year ago did indeed make me realize some things. Honestly, however much that word counts, I have changed.

Having said that, I'm not saying I never said anything offensive. Every now and then I might lose it, something rare nowadays. But even then it wouldn't be much more than a comment or two including a description of someone's skill level that's disrespectful. However in the vast majority of my games I am polite. That's the reason why I am confused how at the very least the punishment duration hasn't been reduced at all.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

Bump

NynaeveaM

12-20-2012

bump

NynaeveaM

12-20-2012

Bump

NynaeveaM

12-22-2012

Bump need reply please. I have two tickets two threads two emails and one reddit post, i really DOUBT a second reddit will help. Need more attention please. Thanks

NynaeveaM

12-23-2012

Bump. Check the latest replies in my first thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2914962&page=9

Thanks to everyone who has bumped this so far.