Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People who insist on duo laning top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Angel 2k3

12-19-2012

I duo top sometimes, simply because I am almost always the only person who wants to jungle and I get tired of being a jungler ALL THE TIME, regardless of how much I enjoy it or how good I am in the role. Sometimes you like to mix it up. So I take Vlad top and lololol at their darius because I keep sending him b. If neither team has a jungler it can be OK.

ßolt

12-19-2012

Quote:
OctaneDragon:
go jungle yourself?

This thread isn't about me not wanting to jungle, it's about people who think duo side laneing works.

Although I must admit I've been jungling less in s3 I'm usually the one who's reasonable enough to realize "I'd rather play a role I dislike than wasting 20min of my day on a handicapped match"

Internet

12-19-2012

Quote:
ßolt:
This thread isn't about me not wanting to jungle, it's about people who think duo side laneing works.

Although I must admit I've been jungling less in s3 I'm usually the one who's reasonable enough to realize "I'd rather play a role I dislike than wasting 20min of my day on a handicapped match"

I would generally jungle myself in S2 as well.

Im getting to the point that im going to start jungling Twitch again, because at least then I have a high chance of someone dodging.

Because the S3 jungle makes me feel a bit more gimped then a support.

SpiffmeisterZ

12-19-2012

If you go dual top and sacrifice your jungler, one of three things should happen -

One - Duo lane shoves down tower fast and then quick group to early team fights. Do this if you go with a hyper strong early/mid game team comp and steamroll early as possible.

Two - If lane finds itself stalling, one of the tops roams down mid/jungle and clears a few camps and controls either the blue or red buff depending on which team you're on and tries to keep both lanes safe and ahead.

Three - If this still finds itself stalling hard, second top/mid start shoving mid out best they can and 4 manning bot.

If you STILL can't break them down, you're really gonna end up SoL if you don't end up saying screw it all and going straight 5 man into a lane and rolling a turret down and forcing the team fights while your comp remains strong. If you get to late and haven't taken the advantage it was a failed attempt and move on.

I have successfully done this in the 1200 ELO range (Granted, nearly anything can go in this range) as well as an all mid comp that went with high CC/evade champs with added hyper nuke level 6 abilities thrown in for good measure.

It's never ideal to run without a jungler considering the advantages it gives (Being able to free push without worry of ganks is a HUGE advantage to the enemy team) but if done right can totally blindside people, especially if they're running a support type jungler who doesn't start to pick up in power until later on.

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-19-2012

What about sion slash tf top duo lane.

Think about it for. 5 seconds before responding.

It hurts

Darkwahn

12-19-2012

Quote:
JooMancer:
What about sion slash tf top duo lane.

Think about it for. 5 seconds before responding.

It hurts

I miss those days. That used to be a really solid bot lane combo.

Firellius

12-19-2012

Quote:
HolyWarcraft:
Maybe your pre-made has a specific reason to not want a jungler?

Or maybe everyone is mindlessly locking in a single role and then the last person on the team is thoroughly incompetent in the jungle?

Don't ever let me jungle. I either won't gank at all, or die in every single attempt.