Cost: 6300 or 975

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x1 Godja

12-19-2012

I mean i wont go on a riot ( see what i did there) if it actually happend, but i dont want them ever seeing them winning the "Most friendly company or more satisfying company" trophy or whatever cause they sure aint hell the friendliest nor the best satisfying..

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skėlls uNmatched View Post
Wow i guess im a bad person for restating what riot said said then, but theres no need for language.. I'm just a bit unsatisfied how riot asks us for money and they dont give us good service 100% of the time, also it hasn't been a year since they said that its been a few months, 4 at most.

The game is up 24/7 with very very little downtime. Seems like good service to me.

I mean if riot promised that they we're going to make some champions below 6.3k and not fulfill that promise thats a bit

They made that promise when the game was released. They made a lot of sub 6.3k champs. They got bought out, and said that going forward all champs will be 6.3k. So not only did they fulfill their promise in the first place. They were very transparent about the shift in their business model.

unprofessional don't you agree? Some of you might "So? It's only a promise, silly!" Well us giving them money is a promise that have earned them lots of money and to my next point, Buddy riot is worth is over a billion dollars im sure riot has

times ten enough to make a champion.. I'm a college student and i have a part time job,

when winter comes its going to be full time so i can get some money in my hands, finals

arent over for me yet so through the whole school year i wake up at 6 am to go to school get

home at 3 pm get ready for work (Must be at work by 3:45) and get home by 9 pm so i either

play a few games and try to earn that ridiculous amount of rp, or be extremely tired the next day not worth it in my eyes, so i usually play on the weekends and gain for that whole week roughly 2300

ip. You do realize some of us dont have all the time in the world with spare time right?
How is this their problem. That is YOUR problem. To make an analogy. Tesla makes cars, and you want one! But you're in college, whatever bs excuse you want to make etc and can't afford it. Is Tesla supposed to reduce the price of their product because YOU can't afford it?

******bag. I hate Riot as a company I really do. But I respect a companies right to make money. Especially a company that gives it's product away for free. You are just impatient/childish. Hopefully your "college" gets that out of you.

uggg, Whiteknighting for Riot makes me feel dirty

Labcown

12-19-2012

[whiteknight]

I for one don't get why anyone is whining about them not "fulfilling" this promise. They were (and still are) a young company bound to make mistakes, such as promising price drops when they could not honestly foresee their future.

Beyond that, they could have been downright dirty, and pulled a fast one by lowering prices and at the same time lowering IP rates so that people will still be getting champions at the same rate, but they didn't, because they actually care for their player base and while they couldn't realistically stand up to the promise, who's honestly getting hurt by champions not being lower than 6300 IP at release time ? [Which I might add costs you NOTHING but time]

Am I a little disappointed that Riot didn't start releasing champions at less than 6300? Yes.

Do I understand why they don't release champions for less than 6300? Yes again, because they've implemented other things like lowering champion prices down the road, and it makes tons of logical and business sense to release their new product at their new product price.

[/whiteknight]

Chuce

12-19-2012

I totally agree. These devs should spend a ton of time developing and tuning brand new characters and kicking them out, on time, every couple of weeks. For all of their work, they should give us free ****, and reduce the prices on their brand new products. Man we all deserve so much more for playing a FREE TO PLAY game that people would pay for, but they let us play without ever having to purchase anything.

I'm shocked your post hasn't been responded to be a dev.... I really...really...really really am. Really.

Aametherar

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
You are referring to a comment that is what, a year old now? Policies change.
Promises don't. They made certain assurances. That being said if it's a money issue they should consider an entirely new system where a new champ starts at 6300 and auto scales weekly up and down from 450-12,000 based on popularity IMO. Get us more variety in our games.

Whatheeff

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
You are referring to a comment that is what, a year old now? Policies change.
Policy, and keep your word on a statement are 2 different things. Man up riot

ABRADOLF LINCL3R

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigeruX View Post
They avoid threads like this, but still answer in threds with no importance
LOL yes they do. They prefer the 'rate the last 10 games of the above poster/what were the noobie things you used to do when you first started playing league?' posts xD

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pînkie Pie View Post
LOL yes they do. They prefer the 'rate the last 10 games of the above poster/what were the noobie things you used to do when you first started playing league?' posts xD
Because they work too, they want to take a break and have a bit of fun. People like to talk about their experiences, have some fun once in a while.

Just gonna say this, this thread will accomplish nothing because of 2 reasons:

1) the attitude. People agreeing with OP have already set their views in a way that unless Riot does exactly what they say, they will not back off. What is the point of a rioter every commenting on this thread? to tell you that they have already established this business model and it will not change? and then you'll get all angry and create more hype on the forum and bury all the truly useful discussions or even just fun forum posts.

2) the "so called Claim". you really have to link that post to actually convince people you know. If i recall correctly, they never PROMISED anything, Riot has always been very careful with their word choices when reaching out to the community. they NEVER make solid promises and such is a case where they have the rights to abandon or continue the idea at their free will.

Dostil

12-19-2012

Bump