Why are so many of the items listed at the wrong price

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turqurzen

12-19-2012

The banner of command, for example, is listed in the item section at something like 1470. But the actual price is over 2k, which you find out after clicking the item itself.

That's just one example, but it seems rather careless of Riot to input them like this. And before you ask, no, I didn't have "some of the items" and thus it showed up as that price. Besides that, even if I did, it would show up as the cheaper prices when showing the full tree off, too.

lol I died again

12-19-2012

This would make sense.
There's no way that horribly itemized Promote item is worth 2k.

Voidgolem

12-19-2012

recipe cost versus total cost?

ZedekiahCromwell

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
This would make sense.
There's no way that horribly itemized Promote item is worth 2k.
Heimer, Elise, Malzahar, and Yorick don't care about the Promote. That's just icing on the top.

Turqurzen

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
recipe cost versus total cost?
No, because it only costs 800 by itself, and it's listed in the page at 1.4k.

Firellius

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turqurzen View Post
The banner of command, for example, is listed in the item section at something like 1470. But the actual price is over 2k, which you find out after clicking the item itself.

That's just one example, but it seems rather careless of Riot to input them like this. And before you ask, no, I didn't have "some of the items" and thus it showed up as that price. Besides that, even if I did, it would show up as the cheaper prices when showing the full tree off, too.
Did you have some of the items at any point of the game?

Because I think the shop just CBAs to update sometimes. Like darkening icons when you run out of gold. It's not unusual for it to show items as available while you don't have enough gold for them.

Turqurzen

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Did you have some of the items at any point of the game?

Because I think the shop just CBAs to update sometimes. Like darkening icons when you run out of gold. It's not unusual for it to show items as available while you don't have enough gold for them.
I think I did. So, yeah, maybe that's it. Still seems silly lol.

Galefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedekiahCromwell View Post
Heimer, Elise, Malzahar, and Yorick don't care about the Promote. That's just icing on the top.
You can't seriously be suggesting wasting an item slot on Yorick JUST for the 15% damage for his ghouls.

ZedekiahCromwell

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefire View Post
You can't seriously be suggesting wasting an item slot on Yorick JUST for the 15% damage for his ghouls.
Yorick is the least benefited of those listed, yes. For him, it's not icing, granted. However, it can still be a good item on him.

If you want to be a split push top, why not? Take Tele, pushing your lane until there's a teamfight, promote, teleport to near fight. Your ghouls do more damage is the fight (and 15% on AoE isn't bad) and you either take a tower or win the teamfight because they're trying to win a 4v5. Also, additional hp/5 and armor is never bad on Yorick.