Things I will do to improve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrgotSwained

12-17-2012

I decided after playing since season one and always hovering between 1200-1400 elo I need to change some thing's if I'm ever going to improve. I've also found that putting things on paper or somewhere others can see it, you are more likely to follow through.

This post is really just for me to look back on, feel free to have some fun at the expense of my elo, history etc. I don't mind.

1) Negativity. I will have none from here on, I will stick to mia's and basic communication in game, and all my requests for lanes in champ select will be punctuated with a please and thank you. I will make sure that my team knows that ADC is my weakest role and I prefer top, but anything else is fine depending on pick order.

2) LOLreplay, downloaded it again; time to start watching my games and measuring them up against the pro's I spend so much time watching.

3) Champion pool. I cannot always counter-pick, I will find three to four champs in each lane I feel are safe picks that I can play vs anyone of equal skill.

4) Wards, try to always be the guy who has purchased the most.

5) friend anyone who did exceptional in their role. This doesn't mean someone who carried against their counter, but someone who did good with the circumstances they were given and kept a calm head. Then make a note about it in friends list and try to duo with these people as often as possible.

6) Call timers for drag/baron/wards/and buffs if possible.

Hmm, that is all I can think of for now. If anyone has a serious one they like to add I'll likely use it, a funny one to make me chuckle, at my expense or not, is always welcome but add something serious too please, try not to derail.

My list of safe picks for each lane, give intel if you think I am incorrect but a lot of this goes on playstyle so is subjective.

Top- Olaf, Elise, Zed, Kayle

Mid- Zyra, Ahri, Elise

Jungle- Noc, Mummy, Rengar

ADC- Ez, Trist, Graves (I absolutely hate this role, those are just the adc's ill not fail on, not saying they are top tier)

Support- Janna, Leona, Zyra

UrgotSwained

12-17-2012

Space saved for me.

UrgotSwained

12-18-2012

Can anyone else think of things I am missing? Ty kindly.

Burnie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-18-2012

Time dragons, barons, and wards if you can. Especially bot lane, a simple "6:21 ward river (the time being when it runs out)" helps your jungle prepare for a gank.

Quick Edit: I don't really agree with your *safety* supports in general. Leona and Zyra both thrive on aggression. Janna is a pretty good safety support though. I would personally replace Leona with Taric and Zyra with... Nunu? Taric has a reliable *ranged* stun and can switch from defensive play to offensive quickly if an opportunity arises. His W armor aura and heal make you difficult to shove out of lane. Nunu's blood boil is just great in general, but it helps you and your adc dodge skillshots and outmaneuver the enemy pretty easily. I'd be comfortable playing either of them in almost every scenario.

UrgotSwained

12-18-2012

I like adding the timers, will do, the supports are safe for me because I wi a lot with them, ie went 18w 0 losses w Janna last season. But I see your point.

Zoltar128

12-18-2012

Mind if I ask how Zed is a safe top lane pick? I love him, and I feel he is best mid or in the jungle.

UrgotSwained

12-19-2012

no mana, easy farming, easy poke at the enemy, good escape from ganks, good 1v1. He basically has everything you need to be a safe top.

Dante Brimscone

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyBunnyJin View Post
no mana, easy farming, easy poke at the enemy, good escape from ganks, good 1v1. He basically has everything you need to be a safe top.
He's really not a very good escaper if the ganks are competent, especially for a champ that pushes lanes so hard. Short ranged shadow on a long cooldown with a high energy cost and no cc. How's that safe?

I guess he can be strong top if practiced, but I wouldn't call him "safe" and I agree with Zoltar that he's better off in the jungle.

UrgotSwained

12-19-2012

why does he push the lane? Someone ganks you, w towards your tower, run towards the enemy tower, once you've created some distance, swap with W. Not to mention using the ult do dodge ults and do the same thing.