Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Trollers & Noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadSeabear

12-19-2012

I know this topic has been visited hundreds of times, but i seriously think riot should make a change... i believe that in queue if all 4 of the other players vote that you can kick someone from a queue so you shouldn't have to dodge and wait 30 minutes just so you can probably have to do the same thing again, i do not believe the system in ranked is fair at all, and you should not loose or gain elo if someone disconnects. and if someone disconnects they SHOULD loose elo. i just really feel that it is not fair to people who are in elo hell and really don't deserve to be in such a low elo. i was at 1400 elo at one point in time, and now im back down to 1050 (my original number) from a 12 game lose streak. i figured it was one or two trollers or feeders every game i played and it is getting out of hand. riot needs to come up with some system besides just reporting. because honestly nothing really happens because my friend leaves literally every game he plays (almost) and he hasn't gotten banned once. We need to speak up and tell Riot what we want. high elo still has trollers but wouldn't agree with us probably because they never have really experienced our trouble with trollers. thanks
-Juicebox.

TheGiantGuy

12-19-2012

Agreed. There does need to be a system in place to counter-act trolls before a game is started. It would save everyone time and make the game, overall, more enjoyable. Especially in ranked, there is no room for trolls.

LogicalTautology

12-19-2012

Elo Hell is a completely debunked myth. You're 100% at the Elo you belong at. First step to improving is to stop kidding yourself and take responsibility for losses instead of blaming teammates.

Voyles

12-19-2012

Quote:
Godz Juicebox:
I know this topic has been visited hundreds of times, but i seriously think riot should make a change...

All of you 100+ guys on the forums that keep bringing up Ranked Solo should form Ranked Teams. Once you get the Team ELO up high then come back to us and show us how good you guys really are.

ıcarus 905

12-19-2012

Quote:
Elo Hell is a completely debunked myth. You're 100% at the Elo you belong at. First step to improving is to stop kidding yourself and take responsibility for losses instead of blaming teammates.

I don't know how to feel about this, it's a team game. So there is no way to say this as 100% certainty, as much as I play good and as hard as I try to influence my team to win, sometimes players cant play well or have attitude problems. Leading to loss, and the player who played well, didn't feed his lane, and stayed posative all game deserves to be in that elo? I kinda find that hard to believe.

Quote:

All of you 100+ guys on the forums that keep bringing up Ranked Solo should form Ranked Teams. Once you get the Team ELO up high then come back to us and show us how good you guys really are.

Ranked teams is a world of difference from Ranked Solo, this comment is invalid

ıcarus 905

12-19-2012

Bottom line is, everyone knows its a flawed system. + Riot knows, all the players know. + Fixing the ranked system DOES not net riot any profit + You are still going to play ranked regardless if they fix it or not = Nothing will ever get done.

Best thing to do, is find another game to play and hope a new game comes out that is more oriented towards a competitive player. Right now league is just like every other watered down game coming out, they want every demographic to be able to play this game cause that means more money. Making the game a well oiled competitive experience is not a priority.

Watch for the map change, I bet we don't get one this Christmas, you know why? Cause they don't make any money from changing the map to a snow map. Pay attenetion to little hints like this.

Grollm

12-19-2012

Quote:
LogicalTautology:

I somewhat agree with you logical, but there is a point where if your elo gets low enough you cannot carry yourself out. In season 2 when I first started ranked I didn't really know how to read people in the lobby, and subsequently I would get stuck with people who were obvious trolls. I knew that I was a good player, I knew I could carry my lane, but I didn't know how to tell if my team mates were bad. So, I ended up playing games that I probably would never play now. For instance, someone calling adc and instalocking Teemo and his name is TeemoPwnsUrFayce and he is a 0-8 ranked record with Teemo, or Ap Vayne jungle, etc, and basically gave away free elo. Even though 9 times out of 10 I was winning my lane, I would lose games because I started a game with people who had little or no intention of actually winning. That happened a lot in the beginning and as you know, when you have less games played your elo is drastically effected(either positive or negative) so I dropped down to about the low 600s. I'm sorry I don't care how good you are, once you get to that elo you might as well just give up and start a new account, because you're not carrying yourself out. There was one game I went 23-2 with Graves and we still lost. This season I have done much better, I dodge the queues where I have obvious trolls and baddies, and I have a 53% win rate and my elo is climbing. Elo hell is a myth, but if you make poor decisions and somehow end up below the 1000 elo mark, you are going to have a really hard time climbing back up.

LogicalTautology

12-19-2012

I'm willing to accept the premise that 100% of games at [insert 'Elo Hell' range here] are decided by leavers/feeders/trolls. But assuming you are none of those, there is a 4/9=44% chance of it being on your team and 5/9=55% chance of it being on your team.
Gee gee.

Grollm

12-19-2012

Quote:
LogicalTautology:
I'm willing to accept the premise that 100% of games at [insert 'Elo Hell' range here] are decided by leavers/feeders/trolls. But assuming you are none of those, there is a 4/9=44% chance of it being on your team and 5/9=55% chance of it being on your team.
Gee gee.

I think you meant to say on "their"team for the second part of your response. I get it, but if you are extremely unlucky or extremely lucky you can have circumstances go one way or the other. During my placement matches this season I had three games in a row where the enemy team had afks, and the second game out of the three they had TWO afks. I get what you're saying, but like I said before, a lot of matches are decided in the lobby whether or not you're going to win. If the team isn't communicating, there is no synergy between the champs that are being picked, or you have people raging and flaming already, chances are you aren't going to win that game. If I get people raging or trolling in the lobby, I just dodge. I don't take the chance, even if they are joking, I would rather not take the chance.

Voyles

12-19-2012

Quote:
KARUSthelegend:
Ranked teams is a world of difference from Ranked Solo, this comment is invalid

My comment is that everyone blaming their elo on their team needs to find another way to stop filling up the forums with their QQs. If they are so good and their team sucks, what's wrong with just getting together since they are all good and will no longer have to complain that their team sucks here on the forum? Or is it their elo is low because that is exactly where they should be and has nothing to do with matchmaking or their teams?

If my comment was invalid, maybe you can't understand subtlety.

As Grollm has pointed out, there is a higher percentage of the troll noob being on the other team in Solo Ranked than being on your own (56% vs 44%), unless you are the troll. So, stop QQng on the forums about matchmaking or go play Normal.