Rheiyel's Art Dump: Aristocrat Vayne up!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Poet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Me: Huh, I didn't even know LoL had a Fan Art forum... I usually enjoy the Summoner Showcases though, so let's see what's in here...

(hum dee dum dee doo..)

Me: An Atristocrat Vayne pic? That's a little disappointing... while I love Vayne, I don't even like the official splash art for Aristocrat Vayne... ah well, whatever, I'll just take a quick peek...

(follows link....)

:mind blown:

+1.

rheiyel

12-21-2012

Thank you so much, Vandarus! Your appreciation means a lot to me. Thank you!

Joybane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2012

It is a nice picture to admire, good job!

Since you've asked for constructive criticism, I'll try and examine it for points of improvement...

First thing that jumps out at me is that you haven't been entirely accurate with light sources. While your shadows are certainly nice, I notice that the shadow from the weapon and chair seem to suggest the primary light source is above and to the right of the viewer's shoulder, but there's very little directionality in the clothing, on-weapon and back cushion shadowing.
Also, the chair's proportions are slightly off -- The legs are short enough that if she were to sit in the properly, her knee placement would force her thighs to come up off the seat.

Anyways -- Your picture, and your talent, are amazing and I wish you only the best as you become even better!

rheiyel

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybane View Post
It is a nice picture to admire, good job!

Since you've asked for constructive criticism, I'll try and examine it for points of improvement...

First thing that jumps out at me is that you haven't been entirely accurate with light sources. While your shadows are certainly nice, I notice that the shadow from the weapon and chair seem to suggest the primary light source is above and to the right of the viewer's shoulder, but there's very little directionality in the clothing, on-weapon and back cushion shadowing.
Also, the chair's proportions are slightly off -- The legs are short enough that if she were to sit in the properly, her knee placement would force her thighs to come up off the seat.

Anyways -- Your picture, and your talent, are amazing and I wish you only the best as you become even better!

Thank you for your constructive criticism (first one so far <3)! I agree with you, yes. I did notice my shadows/light sources are everywhere! I mentioned that in my own critique, and I just hope next time I commit to something as rendered as that one that I have the dedication to shade it accurately. That's probably one of the largest disappointments in that piece, in my opinion--my lack of persistence for light/dark consistency.... I mean... I tend to have trouble finishing things because I start getting bored. That's pretty much what happened for that illustration. I had so much interest in the beginning, then it dissipated.

As for the chair--the legs ARE somewhat short, but I think I compensated for that from the fact that her legs aren't bent at a right angle. I drew them at an obtuse angle because I was aware of the design of the chair, short legs and all. From how I see it, I am thinking the angle of the chair is slightly off; that might be the reason why the chair looks funky. This is probably due to my drawing the chair last, and my having to fit the chair to the figure when I should have drawn a sketch of the chair first, then placed the figure on it. While I was drawing it, I wasn't completely sure I wanted a chair initially, but after looking at the figure, it was kind of odd to have her floating in space, so I added in the chair.

Thank you again for your critique! It is mighty helpful!

Straw Hat Luffy

12-21-2012

Draw anivia, da best

rheiyel

12-22-2012

Diana is up ^___^

rheiyel

12-23-2012

(-:

rheiyel

12-30-2012

<3

Taria05

12-31-2012

Draw the manliest man of league

rheiyel

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taria05 View Post
Draw the manliest man of league
u mean ezreal right