Australian Server or Boycott!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kerais

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punching Orphans View Post
For a lot of players, this game stopped being free a LONG time ago. I have spent over 500 dollars on this game which is literally 5 retail games in my country. I concur, I am quitting league for dota unless we get a server.

EDIT: NOT because of this thread, but because once I play dota on 30-80 ping I will never want to go back to 230+ and thats a FACT for all australian players.
im the same i have almost every hero most of them ive baught with rp and i have most of the skins for my fav champs spent easily $300-500 in the past 8 months its getting beyond a joke.. they could have easily paided for a server for a year off 20-40 australian's

Kerais

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
They're not going to announce a server before it's ready. They haven't before and I doubt they start now.
i could hire a server from mammoth media have it up and running with in a hour and set up a fully set up Ultima online server(witch is complicated with a ts3 server to back it in less 24 hours and for less $150 a month and thats just 1 person riot has a fairly big team wouldn't take long to upload files to a server then edit launch codes for australian server ip... take less then a week if done properly with testing

NekoCuddles

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeastNom View Post
For skins, champs, and boosts, I'm sure.

Which are optional.

And completely not needed for anything.

...No one forced you to buy them aside from yourself.
But they're just so damn tempting!

1Matt

12-19-2012

the major problem with them implementing a server is (i think) Telstra, well they had this problem with WoW in that telstra wouldn't let them in basically and it all became too complecated and they wanted to much money so blizzard just ignored it and what do you know no server. I think riot is trying but they might be having the same problem with ISP's/government or other regulations but we wont know that.

quite the beard

12-19-2012

Yes but telstra has been forced to give away half of its power to the govournment

1Matt

12-19-2012

Quote:
Yes but telstra has been forced to give away half of its power to the govournment
Which knowing our government its a very bad thing :P

Kerais

12-19-2012

no its the cost of bandwidth WoW didnt want to put a aussie server in there at all and they looked at singapore and relize we would get 200ms anyway so they put servers in dallas tx to minimize the routing most of us have to do. And WoW can use up to 3TB of data in a month LoL wouldn't come anywhere nere that.

And also with the New NBN Network thats getting implimented around aus Bandwitdth is slowly becoming cheaper cause the copper lines arn't being over used so less management and maintence

AshenFox

12-19-2012

You are completely correct. Dota 2 does look tempting, after all, whats better than a MOBA themed hat simulator? I mean, TF2 is what I want all of my games to be like. More collectables that are random and require me to pay money for them? Sign me up!

quite the beard

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMattLoL View Post
Which knowing our government its a very bad thing :P
Ah yes are you referring to the same govournment that is rolling out fibre wires allow us to achieve 10 times faster internet speed? Yes I hate to think what they would do when a gaming company wants to host a server right after they laid down faster internet wires

Kerais

12-19-2012

Quote:
Ah yes are you referring to the same govournment that is rolling out fibre wires allow us to achieve 10 times faster internet speed? Yes I hate to think what they would do when a gaming company wants to host a server right after they laid down faster internet wires
took them long enough tho :P hahaha MrZain from boardaussies was in newcastle nsw laying the fibres about 3 years ago they just havnt been finish to each persons house kinda sucks they just ran it around newcastle and only set it up at new housing estate and if u want it rushed u have to pay $350-1000 depending on the ammount of work involved