Support Nasus [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanderlin

12-18-2012

Support Nasus Basic (Low Elo) Guide/Idea

A week before Christmas break, I played a match against a Corki w/ a SUPPORT Nasus! And I thought to myself, "This looks dumb." Then as the game progressed, Corki kept getting kill after kill. The next thing I know, Corki is 15/4/4. He was fed off of my ADC and Support [Note: I was top] and I thought of the idea of this Support Nasus and I tried it out myself!

So I played with my friend, who isn't the best ADC, and I help feed him over 20 kills as support Nasas

MY GOD!

This Idea is so well thought out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasus' skill order

[Q] Siphoning Strike-grab @ lvl 4; max it last (farm this when your ADC is buying at base)

[W] Wither-grab @ level 1 max by level 9

[E] Spirit Fire-grab @ level 2; max by level 13

[ULT] Fury of the Sands- Levels 6,11,16

While in Lane Phase
If your ADC is ready to attack OR Aggressive ADC
First you want to place wither on their ADC
Second put your Spirit Fire on the ground (making sure the ADC is in it)
Third harass with auto attacks w/ [Q]

If passive ADC
Harass with Spirit Fire and Wither (to prevent him/her from farming)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM Build(with stats)

Beginning of Game:

Rejuvenation Bead[1]
+5 Health Regen per 5 seconds

Sight Wards[3]
Click to Consume: Places an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes

Health Potions[3]
Click to Consume: Restores 150 Health over 15 seconds

Early Game:

Philosopher's Stone
+7 Health Regen per 5 seconds +9 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive - Transmute: Gain an additional 5 Gold every 10 seconds.

Boots of Speed
UNIQUE Passive - Enhanced Movement: +25 Movement Speed (Unique Passives with the same name don't stack.)

Emblem of Valor
+20 Armor UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 7 Health Regen per 5 seconds.

WARDS
keep buying!

Early to Mid-Game:

Kage's Lucky Pick
+25 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive - Lucky Shadow: Gain an additional 4 Gold every 10 seconds. (Unique Passives with the same name don't stack.)

Sight Stone
UNIQUE Passive - Ward Refresh: Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you visit your shop.
UNIQUE Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards placed from this item at once.

UPGRADE Philosopher Stone into Shurelya's Reverie----------(Help getting away and chasing)
+250 Health
+10 Health Regen per 5 seconds
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Active: Nearby allies gain 40% Movement Speed for 3 seconds - 60 second cooldown.

UPGRADE Ember of Valor into Aegis of the Legion
+250 Health +20 Armor +20 Magic Resist UNIQUE Aura - Legion: Nearby allies gain 10 Armor, 15 Magic Resist and 10 Health Regen per 5. (Unique Auras with the same name don't stack.

UPGRADE Boots of Speed into Boots of Mobility (or into any boots you want)
UNIQUE Passive - Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed. Increases to +105 Movement Speed when out of combat for 5 seconds

Mid-to-Late Game

UPGRADE Kage's Lucky Pick into Twin Shadows------------(Help chase and getting away AND gives +50 AP which gives you 1% extra for your HP)
+50 Ability Power
+30 Magic Resistance
+5% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Active - Hunt: Summons up to 2 invulnerable ghosts for 6 seconds to seek the two nearest enemy champions. If they touch an enemy champion, they slow his Movement Speed by 40% and reveal him for 2.5 seconds - 120 second cooldown.

UPGRADE Sight Stone into Ruby Sight Stone
+300 Health
UNIQUE Passive - Ward Refresh: Starts with 5 charges and refills each time you visit your shop.
UNIQUE Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 3 wards placed from this item at once.

UPGRADE Aegis of the Legion into Runic Bulwark
+400 Health
+20 Armor
+30 Magic Resist
UNIQUE Aura - Legion: Nearby allies gain 10 Armor, 30 Magic Resist and 10 Health Regen per 5.
(Unique Auras with the same name don't stack.)

Sunfire Cape-------------------------(works well with your ult)
+450 Health +45 Armor UNIQUE Passive: Deals 40 magic damage per second to nearby enemies.

UPGRADE boots to Teir 3 at anytime

With this build you will be tanky and deal decent damage while protecting your ADC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support Notes
1)What makes support Nasus, Support Nasus are two of his moves, [W] and [Q]

2)His [W]-Wither, which slows movement speed and attack speed (Ideal against the enemy ADC and escape)

3)[E]-Spirit Fire, It creates an AOE that reduces every enemies' Armor

4) maybe his ULT, which deals AOE too and Gives you extra HP and tanky

5)You want to be with your ADC at all times to protect them AT ALL COST!

6)Use your wards to ward keep locations ex. Dragon, Baron Nashor, river brushes, Enemy jungle, Your Jungle

7)ALWAYS use wither on the ADC and place Spirit Fire on whole team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEEDBACK please!
All Opinions matter, and please try out this out-of-played Champ as a support!

And think about it this Idea ;D

Ramsesmfg

12-18-2012

Sounds crazy enough to work. I guess i'll try it out.

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-19-2012

nunu is a better nasus than nasus.

Devious Rogue

12-19-2012

It's a Gimmick more than a legit strategy

m0rtig4n

12-19-2013

So I just started playing LoL recently, during the last bout of Nasus as a free champion. I ran top with him, but as a nub still learning to Q stack, noticed that he seems really useful in helping things die outside of his Q too. It lead me to think that a well paired ADC with Nasus to support might be worth experimenting with, at least at low ELOs. I don't know the support role very well, and it doesn't seem like a popular idea, but these were my thoughts on the matter.

Why Nasus could support an AD Carry:

For a start, let's pretend Nasus' Q isn't all that. We all know it's neat in his standard roles. With relic shield, he can still Q a bit, and he can probably catch up enough later to still have decent output. Let's look at what matters for Support.

E: Spirit Fire - Nasus unleashes an AOE spirit flame, dealing initial magic damage,
▪ INITIAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 55*/ 95*/ 135*/ 175*/ 215 (+*60% AP)
▪ MAGIC DAMAGE PER SECOND: 11*/ 19*/ 27*/ 35*/ 43 (+*12% AP)
▪ TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 110*/ 190*/ 270*/ 350*/ 430 (+*120% AP)
▪ ARMOR REDUCTION: 20*/ 25*/ 30*/ 35*/ 40

So, early game at very least, Spirit Fire has the potential via dmg and flat armor reduction (which can bring an enemy BELOW zero armor), to bring whole groups of minions down to last hit range very quickly. This has the bonus of quickly providing the ADC gold, pushing the enemy's lane faster since the opponents don't have minions to protect them from harassment while they farm, and arguably slows their gold income. I've also never known a summoner to want to stand in Spirit Fire, so the opposing team spends a lot of time out of range. It is unfortunate that Spirit Fire has a 12 second cooldown, but there's plenty of time between waves. (Nasus actually has the best flat armor reduction of any champ, from the research I've done.)

W: Wither - Nasus slows movement speed by 35% for 5 seconds, the slow increases over the duration. Target attack speed is also slowed.

While only a single target slow, cast right, Wither followed by a well placed Spirit Fire has the potential of setting up champion kills for the ADC very early on. Itemized correctly, this slow could possibly lock an enemy into an armor reducing dot for 5 seconds while being damaged by the ADC as well. Hypothetically, the enemy champion should go down REALLY quickly.

At level 18, with the build I'd test first, his important stats would be as follows:

Health: 2,530 (+175 TB) Health regen: 23.7 (+12 TB) Mana: 2510
AD: 186.3 AP: 185 Armor: 148

Passive: Soul Eater - 20% lifesteal
Q: Siphoning Strike - 305.3 (+Q stack bonus)(385 at full mana w/ Muramana)
W: Wither - Slow 50% at max, + item slows
E: Spirit Fire - 326 initial damage, +65 dot, 391 total, 40 flat armor reduction

Rylai's Crystal Scepter (500 hp, +80 AP, spell damage slows)
Ionian Boots of Lucidity (+45 move, 15% CDR)
Iceborn Gauntlet (500 mana, +30 AP, +70 Armor, 10% CDR, passive slows)
Muramana (1000 mana, +20 AD base (40+ total), toggle boosts Q)
Morellonomicon (20% CDR, +75 AP, 50% heal/regen reduction)

Targon's Brace? (175 hp, +12 hp/s, spoils of war)
Hextech Gunblade? (+45 AD, + 65 AP, +12% lifesteal, 20% spell vamp)

I'm not sure about which item I'd use in the fifth slot. It depends on whether you want to focus on your role as support better or boost your ad and ap a bit. Ideally the build would help the ADC kill more often. But I'm still learning.

As a note, I've not tried this yet. It just seems to me that a support that makes enemies extra-extra squishy would be a decent idea, or at least something fun to screw around with when you're bored. I would personally want to experiment with it a couple of times and then decide how wrong I am. =)

Meanwhile, I'll stick to murdering people with Cho and Heimer.