Is it just me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Franco Sanchez

12-18-2012

Or are mia's just a common courtesy. Due to a DC we ended up getting a 4v5 and the jungler had to stay in bot lane. That's fine. I was winning my lane, doing what I needed to do. I was maintaining my lane presence, farming, and ganking top which was struggling. My ward ran out between bot lane and mid (I hadn't b'd in a while) so I had no heads up as to an incoming gank from the enemy Blitz. Afterwards, I mentioned that maybe an mia would have been nice. At this point the jungler from bot lane blames me and makes it sound unreasonable.

Last time I checked, it's a good practice to call mia's... Even if they just went back to base to buy. It gives your team a heads up to be careful on engages, and be a little bit more careful to keep an eye on the map. Sure, I should have been more careful and had better map awareness... But I don't think reminding people that an mia is a common act of courtesy is such a bad thing. I didn't rage at him... It was something as simple as a "Next time a mia would be nice."

Maybe it's just me though.

timpar3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

It's because people are stupid..

They don't pay attention to the map and refuse to say something when the person 5 inches away on their screen disappears.

I understand map awareness and all that jazz... But I am not going to be looking at mid when I am bot and have to worry about two champions and farming correctly..

WorstAlistarEver

12-18-2012

just you. or maybe not.

Franco Sanchez

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpar3 View Post
It's because people are stupid..

They don't pay attention to the map and refuse to say something when the person 5 inches away on their screen disappears.

I understand map awareness and all that jazz... But I am not going to be looking at mid when I am bot and have to worry about two champions and farming correctly..
Map awareness is definitely something I need to work on. I'm finding it easier and easier as I become more and more familiar with the champs I'm using. It's not like an mia is mandatory... It's just a common courtesy. It also will help your game immensely if you can prevent ganks on other lanes that are going to lead to you falling behind your lane opponent.

WesIey

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstAlistarEver View Post
just you. or maybe not.
get dunked