How to get quality reports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

12-19-2012

Im willing to compromise. Howabout people who abuse reports and their reports are woth 0 weight. Riot should remove their ability to report. Furthermore they should have a icon on their chat log that lets people know they cannot report them. This would stop a lot of false reports and stop people from fretting they will get reported.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittIeDi View Post
It has also been stated (repeatedly) that people who abuse the report feature have their reporting weights adjusted to the point where they no longer have any impact on the system. But if their reports no longer contribute to the system then there would be no reason to bother punishing these people (in essence, they've already been punished).

The contradiction either demonstrates that Lyte misrepresented the effectiveness of the report weighting system or that he's completely incompetent, both of which are uncomfortable prospects when you consider that this guy is ultimately in charge of the system that bans player accounts.
Well, using some logic, we can see that Lyte doesn't want people false reporting at all. Just because the reports don't mean anything doesn't absolve them from it. And only the worst of the worst were truly punished.

But hey, logic isn't exactly your forte is it, KiIIYourself?

Inb4 bad insult with a bad interpretation of the Summoners code.

LittIeDi

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Well, using some logic, we can see that Lyte doesn't want people false reporting at all. Just because the reports don't mean anything doesn't absolve them from it. And only the worst of the worst were truly punished.
Clearly you're not one of the sharper apologists, but I guess that's why you're over 30 and still working on that nondescript undergrad degree. Couldn't get into a big boy program? I'll type this really slowly to make sure you can comprehend it.

If the reporting weight feature works as advertised then chronic false reporters' reports never make it into the system in the first place. Spending a great deal of time to conduct a manual audit of chronic false reporters is a tremendous waste of time if the automated system has already neutered their ability to impact the Tribunal. Submitting a false report that goes to no one is the equivalent of ranting and raving at your computer screen. However, they still determined that performing this audit was worth the time and resources necessary to conduct it.

Ergo, either:

(1) The reporting weight feature does not work as purported, meaning that banning false reporters was necessary to prevent innocent people from being subjected to Tribunal judgment.

(2) Lyte and his team spent a great deal of time and resources to duplicate the efforts of their automated system, a redundant and purposeless exercise in inefficiency.

While I have no high opinion of the competency of Lyte and his crew, I don't think they are as incompetent as the second possibility suggests. The former is far more likely, especially given the extremely high volume of false reports present in Tribunal cases at large, suggesting that the report weighting feature is either broken or does not exist at all.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Clearly you're not one of the sharper apologists, but I guess that's why you're over 30 and still working on that nondescript undergrad degree. Couldn't get into a big boy program? I'll type this really slowly to make sure you can comprehend it.

If the reporting weight feature works as advertised then chronic false reporters' reports never make it into the system in the first place. Spending a great deal of time to conduct a manual audit of chronic false reporters is a tremendous waste of time if the automated system has already neutered their ability to impact the Tribunal. However, they still determined that performing this audit was worth the time and resources necessary to conduct it.

Ergo, either:

(1) The reporting weight feature does not work as purported, meaning that banning false reporters is necessary to prevent innocent people from being subjected to Tribunal judgment.

(2) Lyte and his team spent a great deal of time and resources to duplicate the efforts of their automated system, a redundant and purposeless exercise in inefficiency.

While I have no high opinion of the competency of Lyte and his crew, I don't think they are as incompetent as the second possibility suggests. The former is far more likely, especially given the extremely high volume of false reports present in Tribunal cases at large, suggesting that the report weighting feature is either broken or does not exist at all.
Usurper! Go back into the depths of the Eight Circle, where the Sowers of Discord are eternally punished for their perfidy. To the Tenth District you shall go, with the alchemists, perjurers, counterfeiters, and impostors, and you shall be affect by the disease you attempt to sow throughout our community. Walk in your gilded lead coat and be cowered by shammmeeeee.

Now that I'm done with that, you have no way of proving either of your points. The reason they were punishing chronic reporters is the same reason they do the manual audits of the Tribunal system. Its picking the weeds from the garden, establishing a degree of direct oversight, and increases accountability.

oval 1

12-19-2012

Quote:
Wow. I think this response was uncalled for. Grow up.

Getsuei

12-19-2012

Quote:
The problem is that Lyte has outright lied many times regarding Tribunal statistics in the past. For instance, somewhat recently he said that half of cases are being pardoned, but it can be shown that the punish rate is still upwards of 80%. Furthermore, he also upheld several false positives form the Tribunal by using outside sources of information as justification, suggesting that his definition of a "false positive" with respect to Tribunal decisions is specifically tailored to misrepresent the statistic.
Just curious, fake Little, why are you playing a game if you believe the employees are lying to you? I have not seen them uphold false positivites. And these outside sources of information must be the files they have, that can not be shared with the general public due to privacy laws.

Edit: That Little is a poster that copied another forum users name and posts as much false information as he can. He posts to irriate people, not to give out correct information.

Geekweezul

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oval 1 View Post
Wow. I think this response was uncalled for. Grow up.
Eh, it's just what he does. He's bitter about his life so he takes it out on everyone else.

He completely missed my point too. But that's also what he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
Usurper! Go back into the depths of the Eight Circle, where the Sowers of Discord are eternally punished for their perfidy. To the Tenth District you shall go, with the alchemists, perjurers, counterfeiters, and impostors, and you shall be affect by the disease you attempt to sow throughout our community. Walk in your gilded lead coat and be cowered by shammmeeeee.

Now that I'm done with that, you have no way of proving either of your points. The reason they were punishing chronic reporters is the same reason they do the manual audits of the Tribunal system. Its picking the weeds from the garden, establishing a degree of direct oversight, and increases accountability.
This guy gets it though.

abzilla

01-07-2013

Hi gang! I'm back from vacation. Happy new year! I see this post is getting quite off topic heh. I think we need really need to lay off Lyte and Riot. They may make mistakes but they're working hard and oding what they think is right, so let's cut em some slack and focus on my idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronyOwl View Post
I don't see how making reporting harder is going to make deciding better. That's like saying that if it's harder to ship oats to the baker, the baker is less likely to throw out good oats or cook with rotten ones. It might make sense if you assume the baker's incompetent (which as Getsuei pointed out, he's not), but in that case it's a patch at best and relies on the unproven assumption that putting more effort in results in fewer false cases.
Hmm... this analogy doesnít really work. Using your analogy this is what I want to happen. If itís harder to ship the oats (reports) then I think more good oats (reports) would be shipped to the baker (tribunal). So now the baker will have more consistency in the oats heís getting because the shipper (person reporting others) will have dedicated extra time before shipping and would really think the oat heís sending is worth the effort heís putting in.

An easy example would be like this: game is about to end, person A says GG. Person B gets slightly offended. Now person B will just click the report button, and move on. But if person B has to log on to leagueoflegends.com and fill out a proper report he may not go through the extra work because they would realize itís silly to waste time on something like this.

So how does this work for tribunalís side? If we go with the easy reporting and the case gets made because A said ďggĒ there is a chance enough people coincidentally would feel slightly offended and press guilty (not always the case but Lyte did say this does happen), now we have a ban/warning that was not really warranted.

If we made it harder this case wouldíve never been born and so the person would not have been banned/warned.

My method will reduce the amount of wrongful bans/warnings because I think if people had to work harder with bans theyíd be a lot more selective.

Okay, now some of you brought up that if people are abusing the reporting system they would not be able to report anymore. I think this isnít good at all.

In the example above person B reported person A because it was really easy to click report. Person B was offended and so he reported A. But letís say after 20 games of people saying GG and B kept reporting he now canít report anymore, and all of a sudden someone super racist and cruel comes along and B wants to report but alas he has posted too many ďfalseĒ reports and now canít do it, aieeeeey thatís a shame.

I want to avoid the scenario by using the method I described. Please focus on what Iím suggesting and letís not turn this into a hate Riot post. Criticism is always welcome so please read and help

abzilla

01-08-2013

I wonder if these forums get visited by reds anymore lol

Hraagh

01-08-2013

You didn't really need to necro this thread.

One major concept has been ignored through the entire thread: The players decide who gets banned. That's the whole point of the Tribunal! We decide who we want to play with or not!

Furthermore, they already HAVE a system to increase the quality of reports. If someone gets reported and banned, the reporting people get their report weight increased. If they get reported and pardoned, the reporters lose weight. Very quickly, a spam false reporter will lose their credibility in the system.

The system works just fine, because ultimately we, the players are deciding who we want to play with. If you don't like the tribunal's decisions, log on to it and start contributing!