sightstone for ADC ** need opinion of ppl

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadeByEdam

12-18-2012

should i take the item SIGHTSTONE for an ADC because I love have a warded map, I sometime forgot to buy ward and i dont want to buy ward each time we need it.
BONUS +100 hp

sightstone :

+100 Health

UNIQUE Passive - Ward Refresh: Starts with 4 charges (wards) and refills each time you visit your shop.
UNIQUE Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards placed from this item at once.

I play graves as ADC

plz tell me why i shouldnt take it if u say its not good

Qsario

12-18-2012

> plz tell me why i shouldnt take it if u say its not good

Because you could buy more AD for that 1100 GP and your support should be rushing sightstone even before philo/kage. Feel free to buy a regular ward or two, though, especially pink wards when you're facing a stealth champion. Better to spend 75/125 GP than to get ganked if your support is having financial issues. And if they weren't properly prepared to support (i.e. don't have GP10 runes + masteries), they probably are rather poor.

You can screw up the escapes for many a stealth champ by planting a pink in the middle of the teamfight so they don't sneak back out of it and it serves a dual-purpose if the teamfight happens at baron or dragon, because you can clean out enemy wards later.

While your support should probably be doing the same thing, we do need help sometimes. That said, the idea of having two sightstones on the team is not a bad one. If your jungler isn't starving for gold, it can be nice for them to have one given how much they roam. And if your jungler is Lee Sin, he can have a lot of fun wardhopping with a ruby sightstone.

Azea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-18-2012

Well, buying a sightstone should be the priority of your support. It always helps late game to buy wards though. It really depends on how much vision you have and it should be your own judgment whether you get one or not.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Absolutely not. As an AD Carry, you will probably spend less on wards during the course of the game then the adjusted cost of the sightstone(meaning the cost after subtracting the price of the 5 wards it comes with).

While you should be warding when needed, you should be doing it less then every other player on your team, because your goal as the AD carry is to build your items as quickly as possible.

Sightstone does not build into anything that an AD carry can use lategame, so you'd have to end up selling it for a loss, anyway.

Vision is great, but your support should provide more then enough during laning.

Flaise

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouhahaha View Post
I sometime forgot to buy ward
Solution: Stop forgetting to buy wards.

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-19-2012

ADC probably shouldn't have to buy 1100g worth of wards.
Thats the cost of a zheal brah

Honse246

12-19-2012

ADC should never buy support items

Devious Rogue

12-19-2012

1100. You could get a Pickaxe and more for that cost. Your job is not to ward, you're meant to become a wrecking ball as soon as possible and carry your team to victory. Let Support buy the greens. You may or may not get the occasional pink if the other team has stealth, but other than that... you want that 2AS 400AD as soon as possible.