Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

•AMAZING full-length analysis on why Zed should be buffed•

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flayne

12-23-2012

Quote:
IEATUNOMNOMNOM:
O did I mention 2 dashes.

You have an odd perspective on "dashes".

First off his W is a blink that has high cooldown

Secondly, his ulti is technically also a blink but that has one possible direction, toward enemy target.

Edit: A dash is something like what Lee sin does, or what Vi does with her Q.

Flayne

12-23-2012

Quote:
Demonic Banana:
I don't get everyone's problem, I love playing zed, i think he's actually very well balanced, sure you might have trouble against some champs but it's the same for any champion. He farms like a ****ing boss and i have no trouble with cooldowns or whatever.

However i have played with a friend and noticed him having trouble with him so i may as well put the basic advice i gave him here.

1: i don't know about everyone else, but i max my w first for the cooldown and the extra attack damage %, it works pretty well for my playstyle.

2: i build brutaliser first then vampric scepter for good laning damage and sustain.

3: while laning i pretty much just go about farming making sure of three things or at least trying my best to make them happen, firstly i stay on the safe side of the minion wave and send my shadow to the other side or in the middle of the minions (middle is better for your q), secondly i use my e (if it hits the enemy laner then great) making sure that i am in range to at least hit one of the minions with both my e and my shadow's e (but the more the better) THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT ZED'S PLAYSTYLE. this makes sure that i get energy refunded and that the cooldown of my w gets basically reset or at least very low. then thirdly if it's an easy hit i will use my q on the enemy or if not i will just use it on minions and make sure that my q and my shadow's q hit at least one of the same targets.

if you do these things (at least in my experience) then you should get a TON of farm and get some nice items while having pretty much infinite energy and little to no cooldown on your w in lane.

as i said i've never had any trouble with Zed and while to me these things seem pretty basic if you read his moves, i can see how my friend and other people might miss some of the importance of hitting the same target with your moves, it really makes a lot of difference energy wise. In late game team fights just play smart, wait a bit for the fight to get underway then come in on a carry and decimate them, don't initiate, it's just like playing any other assassin champ. Also if you ult onto someone in the middle of the team fight then also use your w you will have 2 shadows your aoe damage will be pretty sweet. also i've had success with him just pushing as he clears like a boss and it seems to me like he does a lot of damage to towers, then when they notice that you are taking their towers and they send someone back to take care of you (depending on who it is) you can just ult, destroy them and keep taking the tower.

hope this helps someone.

Why is it that there is no indication in your match history of you playing zed?
Is it possible that you are responding with a smurf account?

OR is it that you don't feel comfortable/confident enough in proving your point by showing us some match history from your main account.

I also find it interesting how you didn't mention which lane you play him in.

Well, anyway, back to the point.

By leveling your W first, you may be getting extra damage but the percentage won't get you anywhere unless you have a good amount of AD, by which you need items to achieve.

Also by leveling this skill first, you are negating your potential harass and farm by denying your own damage from Q and E.
Despite leveling it up first and cd reduction, your w is still relatively long in cd and will still cause discripancy in decision making after casting a combo with ulti, you still won't have enough time to actually use W a second time from cooldown if the enemy was nearby when you ultied your target.

Also, a difference of 50 energy is not that great (If you even hit the double E) because his cooldowns are still relatively high.

With your view on Aoe damage in teamfights, rarely will the enemy team if decent bunch up enough to even consider the possibility or privilege to say that Zed even has decent AoE damage if not at all since his Q damage is reduced hitting a second target after the first.

Also you assume on your last point that they will always send only one person to get you off tower pushing, Zed is not one to be able to kill two+ duelers unless fed, or both are squishier than you.

I find your arguments a tad bit strange my friend.

Cest MADNESS

12-23-2012

Anyone who claims Zed is UP, needs to learn how to play him as intended. He's as assassin, not a bruiser, so you shouldn't be using much energy while farming/harassing, which he can do at the same time. The whole idea about him is to get in and get a kill at the right time, not whenever you want him to.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012

buff plz

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012

buff???

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012

buff yet?!

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-23-2012