The one thing that DotA has that League doesn't

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fire Lord Iroh

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
Tauren is also a tier 1 champ lolol. Methinks the OP just can't play Dota very well.
Tauren has one of the best ultimates in the game as well as a long ranged AoE CC. Definitely a T1 champ by a large margin.

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

tbh you can build IE PD BT LW GA on any champion and wreck faces as long as you dont get foccused :P.

MathMage

12-19-2012

Lord Housewife, your OP would be vastly improved if you gave some examples to support your thesis, rather than just stating your thesis and assuming its truth, and then spending the latter 3/4 of the post saying...well, nothing interesting.

Let's take Riot's S3 itemization changes as an example. How, in your opinion, did they make changes that strengthened that which was already good, as opposed to strengthening champs that were not good before the patch?

Because I look at Black Cleaver and see a rejuvenation of overlooked champs like Talon, Pantheon, Urgot, and MF (to be fair, this comes along with champs like Riven, Renekton, and Lee Sin who were strong before the change). I look at Runaan's Hurricane and see love for previously maligned ranged champs with heavy onhit aspects, like Varus and Twitch. I also see changes to Wit's End, Phage, Trinity Force, and Ionic Spark (to Statikk Shiv, basically) as penalizing previously strong champs like Jax, Irelia, Ezreal, and Shen.

So does Riot really make item changes to strengthen that which is already strong? Does your thesis hold in the face of recent evidence?

Zezima1337

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's very difficult to determine relative worth of items in DotA as high-tiered items tend to be very gold-inefficient, but good players in carry roles tend to average 500-600 GPM (which from a raw count, tends to be higher than League's average; however, I generally consider League and DotA to have very similar gold valuations). I'd say that overall, deaths included, the gold economy isn't too different for non-support champs.

And yes, Flash is indeed an equalizing mechanic in LoL.
What we do know is that, in DotA, you gain less gold passively, creeps can be denied, no gp/10 items and you also lose money when dying.

Opreich

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
With the exception of Tide's and Puck's ultimates, ALL ult-CC goes through BKB, no exceptions.

I also disagree on the sub-optimal builds thing, in general, though I'd like to hear more from you on this---specific examples please?

Also, one thing DotA has that LoL doesn't; viable melee carries and lots of them----LoL only has 3 melee carries (GP became a bruiser long ago), and their viability is highly questionable at the moment (especially when compared to ranged)---heck, we even had to wait nearly 2.5 years to get that 3rd one to boot---kinda upsets me (and support players say they're ignored).
Centaur, Kunkka, Disruptor, Naga Siren.

A Super Saiyan 3

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polargod View Post
Someone's been watching DotaCinema
No, I've learned this, The hard way.

And abyssal even says it ignore magic immunity in the description

muggtonp

12-19-2012

You should also mention eating trees

dogbiter

12-19-2012

i thought the pool of heros being picked in competitive dota was even smaller than in league.

RadMage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

DOTA 2 has a ton of things that league needs, but the reason why league is better is because it's user friendly and easy to get into, because when I started playing dota/hon boy did I ever suck a huge one.

gsai

12-19-2012

I like how you think everyone's viable in Dota.