The one thing that DotA has that League doesn't

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wodan

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Housewife View Post
Earlier in the year, when there were less items available and not as many champions. Times have changed. It wasn't until the release of more characters that scaled really hard into late game that Renekton fell off.



Olaf has 3 steroids and lower base stats than Jax. Is he a melee carry?

No. Neither is Jax. I don't see where you are going with this.

Several bruisers have AA resets by the way and it seems to be something that is most commonly found on bruisers. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider his W?
What exactly do you classify as a carry? In my mind, a carry is simply a champion that deals a lot of (relevant) damage, especially lategame. Ranged Carries are carries because they deal the most damage late game when the bruisers and other champs have fallen off due to needing to buy other items for themselves. In that sense, I don't see how Jax wouldn't be a carry. The biggest difference between him and another carry is that his damage is scary at almost all points in the game and scales well, but especially once he hits 6.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fire Lord Iroh

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan View Post
What exactly do you classify as a carry? In my mind, a carry is simply a champion that deals a lot of (relevant) damage, especially lategame. Ranged Carries are carries because they deal the most damage late game when the bruisers and other champs have fallen off due to needing to buy other items for themselves. In that sense, I don't see how Jax wouldn't be a carry. The biggest difference between him and another carry is that his damage is scary at almost all points in the game and scales well, but especially once he hits 6.
Carries are characters that have a noticeably higher damage output across the board compared to other members of their team. They are very squishy and rely on positioning to be at their maximum potential in a team fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcaine

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Unique itemization doesnt work in League. Look at Viktor and Rengar.

Hurricane and Ravenous Hydra are probably the best and safest versions of unique itemization. Melee/Ranged restrictions.
Viktor is the best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Housewife View Post
Carries are characters that have a noticeably higher damage output across the board compared to other members of their team. They are very squishy and rely on positioning to be at their maximum potential in a team fight.
Tell me about how squishy is Spectre or Medusa or Sven or CK. Even the ones that aren't tanky as hell easily have a lot of armor.

The agi carrys just need to pop that BKB and laugh as you try to burst them down with aa when they have a lot of armor and probably dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fire Lord Iroh

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
Tell me about how squishy is Spectre or Medusa or Sven or CK. Even the ones that aren't tanky as hell easily have a lot of armor.

The agi carrys just need to pop that BKB and laugh as you try to burst them down with aa when they have a lot of armor and probably dodge.
Carries in DotA and LoL are a lot different. I assumed the person whom I was responding to was talking about LoL since he was speaking of Jax.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Housewife View Post
Carries in DotA and LoL are a lot different. I assumed the person whom I was responding to was talking about LoL since he was speaking of Jax.
That's the reason why melee carries suck here. If you get big with items then you're a carry. You don't need to be squishy. That just one of the ways you have to balance them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Out of curiosity, what do you consider 'viable'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waifu Support

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Force staff my way into victory. or defeat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiceePicklez

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearZocom View Post
actually as a dota player myself i am sad to inform you that there is a tier of champions in dota that are basically unplayable past a pub level.

Visage and tauren are two who immediately come to mind other names such as medusa and slark come to mind.
I jsut saw a slark in a ranked Division one game Purge was casting.

Lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fire Lord Iroh

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you consider 'viable'
Able to be used well on a competitive scene.


12345678 ... 11