So I need help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cash

12-18-2012

I do. I've been playing League of Legends for roughly two years now. I've improved a lot, but not as much as I would have liked to. Here's the deal, I main Adc's and wish to get better.

I don't want you guys to sit there and tell me about all the helpful tips I already know such as: Smartcasting, Last hitting, Kiting, focusing. I know all that stuff. My problem is, I can't carry hard enough. I watch livestreams all the time, yes I learn stuff, but they dont make me a better player. I always have some decent games, rarely go negative and sometimes I play very well and get fed. Don't get me wrong, I play some terrible games too and get carried.

Now I'm not here to complain about teammates and blame it on them either. I think I should be able to play well and carry my team to victory without them. I've seen people win games on their own countless times. I look at all the people that are higher ELO and ask myself '' Why do they manage to get up there season after season, even with half-decent teams ''
What makes them better? What are they doing that I am not?

Im really determined to get better

S2 Elo: 1450
Current S3 Elo: 1300 (3 wins - 3 losses)
My Lolking

Any help will be greatly appreciated

EDIT: People always told me that playing with and against better players than you will make you better eventually. I get it, but I mostly play normals and rarely see a good player that really stands out. If I go to ranked, I get matched up with 1300s, who aren't that much better either. So what do I do?

Selcopa

12-18-2012

Record your games with lolreplay. Review your own games for mistakes and missed opportunitys. When you get stuck, ask higher elo players for help reviewing your replays

Baxter the Teddy

12-19-2012

Congrats, feel! You have joined the ranks of players (myself included) who have learned the most important thing is the ONLY thing we can control, which is ourselves.

Things you can do-
1) Watch Live streams, that are COMMENTATED(so find streamers who actually talk about what they are doing or watch streams/recording of pro games. Also, check out commentated vids, like League of Studio's dailies. They can really improve your gameplay
2) ^ the above post. Do it. WATCH YOUR OWN GAMES. Watch yourself, and watch the other lanes as well. See if there was a time where you could have done something to better affect the outcome of that lane to help you win.
3) Get a coach. Studio( the guy I mentioned) do them but I think his prices are higher than your average LoL coach (I guess he can do that XD)
4) Play lots. Play lots. Play lots.
5) In direct opposition to the above, get out and do stuff. Excercise is SUPER important. TPA(current champs) have a strict regime they follow. Not saying get crazy but go for a run, hit the gym, do MMA w/e Get your body active, it will clear your mind.
6) Talk to yourself. My game has improved DRASTICALLY simply by talking to myself about what I'm doing and what I can do. Saying it outloud will help you. "Hmm, that Cait is getting really agressive and our river ward is down" , " No last hits, look for oppurtunity to harrass." etc.

I wish I could post up a guide on "Here's 7 easy steps to carry a game" (if you find it, let me know!) but these are the things I've been doing that have improved my game, personally.

(my friend is reminding me to post the golden rule of solo because that's what it sounds like you're talking about)

In solo queue, it is YOUR job to win the game. No one elses. Correct? You clearly udnerstand this. So, that means that it is YOUR job to
A) Buy some freaking wards. As an ADC it's hard but if your support isn't doing it, at least get some wards in your river/tri( early) and on the objectives. NO other position has the same excuse as ADC and I ALMOST (unless my support is good and doing their job) always have a Ruby Sightstone as a jungler.
B) Win ALL of the lanes. Easiest way to win the game? Your team wins all their lanes. Ussually, it's a junglers job to help all the lanes win but often they aren't able to (both their skill or the teammates) Coordinate with your support, jungler and other lanes and gank them. If the other lanes win, and can carry, that's less weight for you.
C) Lead your team. Tell your team what to do. BE NICE ABOUT IT. But be brief and quick. Don't say '**** head, here, now you stupid ****! BARON! WENEED TO STOP THEM YOU ****!" but a quick ping on baron and even a "everyone to baron, this is our chance!" But you have to be able to lead your team. In lane ( my friend carries as a support doing this) you have to tell your lane partner(if you have what) what to do if they are CLEARLY not doing it. And later in the game you have to tell your team what to do (if they CLEARLY don't know)

Doing this, you'll ALWAYS win with half decent or above teammates, and win MORE frequently with below average to bad teammates. Anything short of a troll or a total brain dead Wukong who is 0/3 but still INSISTS they can 1v1 the 4/0 Darius when they are level 4 and he's 7, and you'll win. (I promise I'm not bitter)

Again, I put myself in the "I realise it's my fault I'm not a higher ELO." I am not a "I got to a much higher ELO and know exactly what the **** I'm talking about." This list is not complete (so if someone has more...I'm all ears/eyes) and it's a list I have FAR from mastered yet. It's pretty much stuff I figured out with common sense and piecing it together from watching pro's, my own replays etc, reading the forums, etc. (Also, funnily enough, from my friend who's 900 ELO and blames everyone else for him being so low.)

Selcopa

12-19-2012

With regards to adc buying wards. If you play top you usually keep 1 or 2 wards up, mid almost always needs 2 wards up. But suddenly when you go bot "oh I can't buy any wards" b.s. buy a damn ward from time to time. It will save your life

Cash

12-19-2012

Bump