Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawix View Post
The 10% CDR aura thing would break the game, so nope. As for the black cleaver: I think AD casters are still doing too much damage with that item alone. Maybe we need more HP items?
We need Warmog's to be re-enabled as well as more tank items or items that make tanks more viable without breaking them.

konfetarius

12-19-2012

Quote:
BFT will indeed build out of Codex + Kage's + Guise (3950 total) and gain 10 mana/5, 10% CDR (20% total), and 10 AP (80 total). Minus the better slot efficiency, this should be a hefty nerf to the item.
Wut. I love you. This is precisely the kind of item pathway Fiendish Codex needed (and having 20% CDR in a single late game item slot is fantastic). If you could only incorporate Codex into DFG, you would be golden.

The biggest downside is non-mana casters being dissed by this, naturally. (So, BFT recipe will give us the burn passive, 10% CDR, and 4mp/5 for 700 gold, correct?)

P.S.

Grez lantern cost efficiency nerfs where.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
I was just thinking that for champions like Vlad, Kat, Rumble, Morde, etc. having to pay for mana regen on an AP item is less than desirable.
Meh, I bit the bullet when DFG use to have Mana Regen because it was just that strong, and I will probably do it for BFT as well. Morde is also probably one of the biggest BFT offenders out there.

Orphane

12-19-2012

He as in Rumble, Morde, or Vlad?

Talith PA

12-19-2012

If the CDR aura specifically excludes Amumu and Brand then I wouldn't mind.

Arixa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I wanted to get a discussion started for the state of Dominion post 1.73.

Is Black Cleaver still problematic? How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura?
Is Black Cleaver still problematic? Short answer, yes. Long answer. It's still a perfect stat stick for the champions that use it. The champions that need these stats were already some of the strongest on the map.

How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Better, now if you could just get rid of thornmail we'd be on the right track in terms of armor being fair.

Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura? Please dear god no. CDR is if anything too cheap on the map don't give some away for free. I already get tired of eating Amumu ult every minute. The problem has always been that pure AP itemization has terrible CDR(especially since DFG lost CDR). Try to fix it through ap items don't do a global buff to everyone.

Panzerzs

12-19-2012

-Thumbs up- For BC and Armor pen aura removal~
As a bruiserrr~, I found my champions a lot weaker early game and more reliant on teammates to execute good plays! --> makes them less op early which balances out --> good work!
Black cleaver stacking is not likely to happen anymore with the higher ups which is really good (good stuff on the unique passive implementing)
CDR Aura... eh... there are some ap champions who will be pretty deadly with non-cdr items, so I'd hold back for now =)

SuperQuackDuck

12-19-2012

Cdr should be difficult to itemize for. It is one of the most valuable stats. It should be hard to get, not given for free

The Bitterness

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I wanted to get a discussion started for the state of Dominion post 1.73.

Is Black Cleaver still problematic? How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura?
What follows isn't a personal attack, it's simply my assessment of Nome's responses to issues since he's been a real part of the 'Dominion community:'

Nome, if you're going to poll the community you need to actually give it your considered input in an objective way. You can't blindly say 'what do you guys think about this' without sharing what your findings are. Tell us what your testing and play shows, what you think (not what you feel), so that a discussion can be had. Threads like these are as helpful as the people that end threads with '/discuss.'

Simply put, threads like this give me absolutely no confidence in you or the development staff involved with Dominion. I'm aware that you can and should poll the community for their thoughts on issues, however recent developments as well as these sorts of threads seem to me to indicate that Nome simply isn't playing the Dominion enough with enough champions to recognise whether or not these sorts of things are problematic (up or down).

At this point the more I see of your responses to players' issues -nevermind the remarkable selectiveness of issues responded to- the more I'm less and less inclined to actually play Dominion. Yes, Dominion is the newest League game mode and, yes, there will be growth in different directions that should be expected. This, however, doesn't mean that development should be expected to be slow where it isn't half-hearted (Dominion IP bonus of less than 5 IP) or ill-conceived to the point that we can actually question whether those doing the designing actually played with or tested the thing in question (Blackfire Torch). Honestly, how were the particular issues with Black Cleaver and Blackfire Torch not seen ahead of time in the development stages? There's no good answer other than, 'we dropped the ball on that, seriously, our bad.'

When it comes down to brass tacks, people will think what they want to think. It's a good thing that Dominion is, finally, getting some attention. It really and truly is. However, the real attention that Dominion is getting isn't the attention it needs or deserves. Dominion needs to be treated like a legitimate game mode, not to be seen as a testing ground for SR items, not as 'one of the other maps' where champion design is never a consideration and not to be given a Red where community polling looks to be more important than actually looking at the way games/items/builds play out.

Orphane

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bitterness View Post
melodrama and buzzwords
Seriously?