Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

12-28-2012

Some of us have definitely noticed.

V y

12-30-2012

10% cdr would make some champions better.

Holden McRoin

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerzs View Post
-Thumbs up- For BC and Armor pen aura removal~
As a bruiserrr~, I found my champions a lot weaker early game and more reliant on teammates to execute good plays! --> makes them less op early which balances out --> good work!
Black cleaver stacking is not likely to happen anymore with the higher ups which is really good (good stuff on the unique passive implementing)
CDR Aura... eh... there are some ap champions who will be pretty deadly with non-cdr items, so I'd hold back for now =)
And as an AD carry, we find ourselves marginalized early game.

glitterthunder12

12-30-2012

what do you mean by some champions who will be pretty deadlly with non-cdr items?

Pyroxite

12-31-2012

BFT is a pretty essential early item for many AP carries. Not real happy about the nerf. Life goes on though.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

I hate hate the idea of making it build out of an MP5 item.

Nome, you realise that MP5 is a terrible stat in general in dominion right? It works for only a few select few champions (Malz comes to mind since he spams spells like crazy).

MssrLouisCyphre

01-02-2013

That's the idea. Adding Fiendish Codex to the recipe constitutes a nerf.

KaaaBLAMO

01-03-2013

I don't think adding a Fiendish Codex to BFT is the right way to go about nerfing it (if a nerf is even required at this point, which I question). The worst offenders with BFT will benefit from the mana regen on some level, even if it's a horrible stat on dominion. Meanwhile, mana-less champs like Vlad, Morde, and Kat that already struggle with being competitive will be hit extra hard for no real reason.

Also, I don't like how BFT would look after that. It would have:

1. AP
2. Magic Pen
3. CDR
4. Health
5. MP/5
6. The burn

That's too many different kinds of stats for an item that's just for casters IMO. If it was something for hybrids, sure, but it shouldn't have basically every stat that a pure AP wants. Honestly, the fact that it already offers so many different kinds of stats is probably what makes it borderline OP at the moment anyway, not the burn.

Here are some suggestions for it:

1. Make it cheaper and drop the CDR.
2. Make it also cost a Blasting Wand and adjust the price/stats accordingly.
3. Anything that doesn't involve Fiendish Codex.

Mana regen is just a terrible stat on dominion in most cases (and you'll want a Grail or AA staff in the situations that it isn't), and using the fact that it's so bad as a balancing mechanic feels cheap and sloppy. There should be no bad items, let alone keeping the bad items in as a way to balance out more powerful ones via recipes.

Lyrdian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Penetration as a whole is overpowered right now. You can blow full tank builds out of the water by going TBC and LW because of the changes you arent screwing yourself over anymore. Specially on champs like Xin, Olaf, Darius, vi and wukong where they have built in penetration as well. Over all by itself TBC is ok though

SLayerOfNOOB

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I wanted to get a discussion started for the state of Dominion post 1.73.

Is Black Cleaver still problematic? How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura?
10% CDR aura would really help to make mages more viable. As it stands on dom right now, 4 bruisers and a mage is a legit team composition, the only reason to play a mage is so your team isn't fully countered by armour.

BUT it would really hurt the champs who arent CD reliant at all - like tryn - everyone else would get better and he would stay terrible. Also a few CDR reliant bruisers like garen would get even better than they are now. Riven would be pretty brutal as well.