Opening the Legacy Skin Vault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wilmer007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Why isn't this happening on PBE.

Parkaba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

hmmmm.... the idea of the "legacy skin vault" forced us to buy skins before the fade away in eternity... and now the are back; well, cool for the skins.. but it's still BS

BexZLee

12-20-2012

Silent night Sona would complete my collection any chance of it coming back to?? *puppy dog eyes*

spartango1

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/December_2012/2012_12_18_Legacy_Skin_Blow_Out/Legacy_Skin_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

We’re excited to announce a very special event this Snowdown. This holiday season we’ll be cracking open the Legacy Skins Vault and un-retiring 42 of your old favorites for a limited time. These Legacy Skins will be available in the League of Legends store at a cheer-inducing 50% off from now until January 6. And remember, holiday gifting is available through December 26, so if you were looking for a particularly sentimental gift for that special summoner in your life, Legacy Skins carry an extra bit of novelty.

After the sale these skins will be going back on ice for the foreseeable future, so don’t miss this chance to add some vintage flavor to your roster. When will they return? Nobody knows – that’s the point of a Legacy Skin!

Head on over to the store to check out these Legacy Skins before they go back into the vault on January 6. There are a lot of them, so we’ve taken the liberty of listing them in alphabetical order below:

• Alien Invader Heimerdinger
  • Angler Jax
  • Annie In Wonderland
  • Badger Teemo
  • Blacksmith Poppy
  • Butcher Urgot
  • Crimson Akali
  • Desert Trooper Garen
  • Dragon Knight Mordekaiser
  • Emerald Taric
  • Feral Warwick
  • Firefighter Tristana
  • Frozen Shen
  • Hextech Sion
  • Highland Tryndamere
  • Kingpin Twitch
  • Leopard Nidalee
  • Masquerade Evelynn
  • Matador Alistar
  • Mr. Mundoverse
  • Nightmare Cho'Gath
  • Nottingham Ezreal
  • Noxus Poppy
  • Phantom Karthus
  • Pharaoh Amumu
  • Professor Ryze
  • Red Baron Corki
  • Red Riding Annie
  • Safari Caitlyn
  • Sasquatch Nunu
  • Scuba Gragas
  • Shamrock Malphite
  • Sonoran Kog'Maw
  • Spectacular Sivir
  • Swamp Master Kennen
  • The Magnificent Twisted Fate
  • Time Machine Zilean
  • Toxic Dr. Mundo
  • Unmasked Kayle
  • Vizier Malzahar
  • Workshop Shaco
  • Yellow Jacket Shen
I can't help but saying where is Riot K-9 Nasus? By the way nice skins. ;D

AngusGamer

12-20-2012

Yes!

ninja shade

12-20-2012

Dear Riot,

Why did you make Crimson Akali a legacy skin? Why no bring back her All Stars skin too? I saw you brought multiple champions skins back (more than one for each champion) But why not Akali? D:

GodEmperorLetoII

12-20-2012

So what about the other ones? Kitty Kat Katarina or King Rammus or such? Or do the special event ones not count?

Alan Lyxion

12-20-2012

To everyone who's raging that Riot said they would "never" bring the skins back: I don't know what you saw, but I've seen them say multiple times that these skins could be brought out at any moment. While, again, I don't think they should have brought out so many at once, it's Riot's game, Riot's choice. But they did not say that they would never bring them back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
So what about the other ones? Kitty Kat Katarina or King Rammus or such? Or do the special event ones not count?
For some reason those aren't in the vault and can't be brought back.

SirReginaldButts

12-20-2012

Wheres my rusty blitzcrank

Tammerlane

12-20-2012

even tho i lost several of my "1337" skins im still very happy you did this riot tyvm its the best christmas present you guys could've given me