Opening the Legacy Skin Vault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RendezCheminots

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

we want the mighty jax!!!

KayFishandChips

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Leafeon View Post
Nice sale but I really only bought some of these way back when because I thought they were never coming back..... I agree with some of the other people saying this takes a lot away from the people who bought them back during there original run.
Yah you also have to remember that not everyone played back then it seems dumb to punish newer players just because they hadn't heard about League at that time.

JSRF

12-19-2012

What about Kitty Cat Katarina??

M3lonMast3r

12-19-2012

You really want my money don't you RIOT? I love all the awesomeness keep it coming!!!

Carry Play Riven

12-19-2012

What about headmistress Fiora?
I missed that skin

Carry Play Riven

12-19-2012

Zombie Brand and Headmistress Fiora please

Carry Play Riven

12-19-2012

when you bring something back you should bring it all not half of it -_-

KatarinaCatKitty

12-19-2012

"we will never put legendary skins on sale"

Oh look firefighter tristana

AboutTenPandas

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfish View Post
Yah you also have to remember that not everyone played back then it seems dumb to punish newer players just because they hadn't heard about League at that time.

But it was a nice little thank you from riot for supporting them for all those years that the veteran players had an EXTREMELY SMALL set of skins that only they had access too.

Now these skins are no longer special, which was literally the only reason anyone would pick them over any of the newer skins which have a lot more things added to them than they used to.

Honestly, I feel tricked into buying all the skins I bought when they became legacy in the first place. It's like it was told something was avaiable but only for a limited time, and after that it would be rare. Thinking this would be true, I would buy it up being happy with myself that I own a bunch of rare skins. Then they completely retcon that and offer them to anyone again.

Seriously no one buy these skins for any other reason than loving the skin (which is always a good reason to buy a skin). They're not going to be special anymore. They're not going to be rare. Everyone and their mom is going to have em and they'll mean NOTHING anymore. Which honestly you could argue isn't the purpose of a skin anyway, but in that case why make them legacy in the first place?

EvilLinux

12-19-2012

Got all excited when I saw the nidalee skin but it wasn't the xmass one from way back in the day darn, I was really hoping for that specific one to come back . Thanks any who Riot.