Opening the Legacy Skin Vault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MortalFool

12-19-2012

This is a free game. This is not a game like what Areanet, Kingsisle, or Blizard makes. They do not ask you to buy the game. They do not ask you to pay to play their game. They don't ask for you money at all. If you choose to spend your money on Riot that is your Choice! Do not be upset when they put something on sale, they have a right to sell what they want. Not to mention, you were refunded half of the price you payed! THIS IS A GOOD DEAL! You not only got the skin but you can now get something else for yourself or for a friend.

As for people who didn't get the skin they bought, don't just post it here. Send a message to Riot telling them the issue, perhaps even post a picture showing you bought the skin, I'm sure Riot will help you.

Stop ragging about a sale. You don't need to complain about not being special anymore.

ForTehAnarchy

12-19-2012

Does anyone know if the Definately Not Blitzcrank skin will be released again in the future? Or was that one of the skins for a special event thats never coming back?

AboutTenPandas

12-19-2012

Can't downvote this enough. The whole point in having one of these skins was to show that you've been playing that champion for a LONG time. It's a statement. It was rare and unique. But now, everyone can have them including summoners who just started yesterday.

I know that this game should be open for everyone, but the fact that there was a small section of skins that only the veterans who actually played the game when they were available made them that more rare and valuable. Now they're just normal skins (and of less quality than the newer skins too)

Sisuwolf

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by umopapisdnwi View Post
These skins shouldn't be sold now. The legacy, along with the christmas ones from last year... should be reserved for those who bought them when they came out. This makes them much more valuable and special. I used to go out of my way to buy the skins that wont be out in the future, but now they have no more value than a normal skin. Why spend my money now on a "limited time" Christmas skin if they are going to be out next year?
Seems like the answer to your question is obvious.
"Why spend my money now on a "limited time" Christmas skin if they are going to be out next year?"
Because then you have it for that whole year to use it and play with. If you like the champ and skin it seems like a no brainer. Buy the skin because you like the skin and champ and it will make you happy to play with your new skin. I understand that exclusivity adds some amount of value to a skin. But if you don't like the skin, don't like the champ, or don't play the champ what is the point in getting the skin just because it may be exclusive? Also there's the fact that Riot never said these skins would never be released again. They have always had the status of being available for certain periods of time, but not at all times and able to be re-released at any time.

psdjklgfuiob

12-19-2012

Ok i just spent all my RP...

AlmondFruit

12-19-2012

Scuba Gragas... very nice.
Also, is that two Shen skins? Hmm....

Descartes Law

12-19-2012

Tundra Hunter Warick should be the legacy skin

Macielhyun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Why no nosferatu vlad ? :c

FerretInABox

12-19-2012

This would be a great time for Snow Bunny Nidalee to reappear c:?

Suzuru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Look Riot I don't have any more money to give you