Opening the Legacy Skin Vault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiyosu

12-19-2012

One of the best choices yet riot! ILY! c: please bring back Re-Gifted Amumu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I know people rage about the limited skins and such, but I will point out. Why is limited = NEVER AGAIN. Limited sounds like its limited availability, for example, seasonal, once a year, but not ALWAYS. Legacy is like leaving a legacy and thats done, gone and over with, never to be back again. I am saddened by their stance on some limited skins from before my time, but I am more bothered by limited meaning never again.

Abyssal War

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
Awesome! Cheap, *legacy* skins ftw.

However, it kinda defeats the purpose of having them as a legacy skin if they're simply going to be made available again in the future, don't you think?
nah lol, legacy means they put em away with the intention they will make an appearance in future, its why they have the vault, kinda defeats the purpose of storing them if theyll never be seen ever again, waste of space having all of these in storage otherwise, like giant data paperweights...

limited on the other hand, will never be back.

and thank goodness that frozen shen and yellow jacket shen ARE legacy, finally picked them up, now to gift one to a buddy and 1v1 mid sub-zero and scorpion....coz i can!

taunt under the tower....FATALITY!

Crites

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/December_2012/2012_12_18_Legacy_Skin_Blow_Out/Legacy_Skin_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

We’re excited to announce a very special event this Snowdown. This holiday season we’ll be cracking open the Legacy Skins Vault and un-retiring 42 of your old favorites for a limited time. These Legacy Skins will be available in the League of Legends store at a cheer-inducing 50% off from now until January 6. And remember, holiday gifting is available through December 26, so if you were looking for a particularly sentimental gift for that special summoner in your life, Legacy Skins carry an extra bit of novelty.

After the sale these skins will be going back on ice for the foreseeable future, so don’t miss this chance to add some vintage flavor to your roster. When will they return? Nobody knows – that’s the point of a Legacy Skin!

Head on over to the store to check out these Legacy Skins before they go back into the vault on January 6. There are a lot of them, so we’ve taken the liberty of listing them in alphabetical order below:

• Alien Invader Heimerdinger
  • Angler Jax
  • Annie In Wonderland
  • Badger Teemo
  • Blacksmith Poppy
  • Butcher Urgot
  • Crimson Akali
  • Desert Trooper Garen
  • Dragon Knight Mordekaiser
  • Emerald Taric
  • Feral Warwick
  • Firefighter Tristana
  • Frozen Shen
  • Hextech Sion
  • Highland Tryndamere
  • Kingpin Twitch
  • Leopard Nidalee
  • Masquerade Evelynn
  • Matador Alistar
  • Mr. Mundoverse
  • Nightmare Cho'Gath
  • Nottingham Ezreal
  • Noxus Poppy
  • Phantom Karthus
  • Pharaoh Amumu
  • Professor Ryze
  • Red Baron Corki
  • Red Riding Annie
  • Safari Caitlyn
  • Sasquatch Nunu
  • Scuba Gragas
  • Shamrock Malphite
  • Sonoran Kog'Maw
  • Spectacular Sivir
  • Swamp Master Kennen
  • The Magnificent Twisted Fate
  • Time Machine Zilean
  • Toxic Dr. Mundo
  • Unmasked Kayle
  • Vizier Malzahar
  • Workshop Shaco
  • Yellow Jacket Shen

Cool, but how about Riot takes care of my pending 5 day old support ticket where I did not recive RP for my 10$ purchase...

pìkachuuu

12-19-2012

Kitty Katarina?

Abyssal War

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pìkachuuu View Post
Kitty Katarina?
Limited, so it'll never be available ever again, sorry buddy, I wouldnt mind it either.

Lord Huffington

12-19-2012

This is awesome!!! Great skins, i love u riot!!!!

Vidyagaem

12-19-2012

Am I the only one whos jimmies are rustled by this? I had a bunch of these legacy skins and it kinda felt like a reward to have for playing so long as opposed to people with the new skins.

TaNKeD

12-19-2012

No Urfwick...my Xmas dreams have been crushed so soon!

Vekkz

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Ah, well, this is cool, anyway. Sadly, I have all of the Legacies I want...but maybe I can gift a skin to someone...
Gift me then, a random stranger, I would love a Magnificent TF xD