Chinese Vs American Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracolysis

02-09-2013

So there are so many beautifully done Chinese league of legends skins that have not made it to the Splash Art of the American champions. For example, the Sorceress Lux skin (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAA&dur=163) is a considerable improvement to the original artwork. Although many American Splash arts are brilliantly done, such as the new thresh artwork, my question is why does it take so long to integrate these new skins? Why can we not continuously update these Splash Arts, since the artwork is already there?

The PKK Revenge

02-09-2013

Honestly, the Chinese splash art isn't an 'update'. It's just that for some skins, they make different designs for different regions. There a quite a few differences between the Chinese splash art and what we have. It's not that one is an updated version or whatever. It's that the Chinese splash art was made to appeal to that user base while what we have now is suppose to be more appealing to us.

I don't have any data to know if this is working like that or not. All I know is that we have the art we do because it's suppose to fit our culture more and hold more appeal. Just like they have different art because of their culture and what they would like.

That being said, I love some of the Chinese splash art. But I can say the same for what we have now. The artist are all doing an amazing job really.

Keitterman

02-09-2013

There's that, and as long as the splash are doesn't look like garbage, it doesn't change the in game skin, so i really don't care.

OdiIon

02-10-2013

Artwork =/= Skins

But yes, most of the Chinese artworks are much better than the American versions.

Dragon Slayer / Commando Jarvan for example.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-10-2013

we can't have them because america doesnt negotiate with communists... often