Elo value per game question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petrocles

12-18-2012

Just wondering why my ranked games now only seem to be worth +/- 11 elo when they use to be 12,13 or 15 or so. Its just never been explained to me.

Is it based on consecutive wins/losses, numbers of games, or whatever level youre currently at or what?

Would appreciate someone explaining it or pointing me in the right direction (to a relevant thread or site - I cant seem to find one)

Thanks in advance

AzRod Mx

12-18-2012

Your first ranked games untill you get ranked, your elo will change around +/-40 per game. Then, when you have around 10-20games played, your elo will be decreasing to +/-10/13 per game.

Brasidius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

It does seem like this season my ELO shifts less. I am pretty sure it has to do with the differences in team composition/team ranking, but it does seem odd that last season most of my games were 20-14 point swings and this season then are 11-13 consistently.

Petrocles

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRod Mx View Post
Your first ranked games untill you get ranked, your elo will change around +/-40 per game. Then, when you have around 10-20games played, your elo will be decreasing to +/-10/13 per game.
Are there defined brackets though? Im about 100 games in right now and im hovering between 1200 and 1300. This morning I played 2 games, lost the first and -12elo, dropping me from 1209 to 1197, then won the 2nd one, for +11 elo, bringing me to 1208.

Net loss of 1 elo seems wierd and unfair, especially going from the 1100s to the 1200s.

Will test further, but can anyone explain this?

Siegman

12-19-2012

You'll receive slightly more or less depending on whether or not your team's Elo was slightly higher or lower overall than theirs. Winning when you have a slight Elo advantage will give you fewer points than when you win with an underdog rating.