Winning a Game of Classic - new rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rekulaar

12-18-2012

Hello Everyone! I'm Rekulaar and I've been a LoL addict for a while now... Competitively natured I love this game.. and I love to see it be the best it can be. With that said.. I was wondering if I could get everyones thoughts on changing the Classic Game mode 5v5 a little bit.

I've noticed that most games now are won by 5 teaming mid and taking down the three towers the inhibitor then going straight for nexus. BUT... what if this were to take effect?

The two final towers could not be destroyed until ALL towers were down.
Each inhibitor acted as a conduit for a shield over the nexus..
..As in the Nexus couldn't be taken down until all three stages of the shield were destroyed
..As in all three Inhibitors.

This way the game isn't about spamming teemo with attack damage and attack speed and have him killing a tower then dieing and going in to gank another tower then dieing.. its about complete map domination and working as a team to take down the enemy base, which is the phrase in the map selection "Seige the enemy base" not break one of its walls and destroy 1 key factor. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks for reading this.

Mizzle Sticks

12-18-2012

there are a lot of problems with that. one of the biggest is that if you are on top(as in winning, not the lane), and beating the enemy team by dominating one lane, then you have to go back and start in a new lane, that gives the enemy the chance to farm and get items they need to beat you. I have played many games where we were losing and when the enemy team decides they want to take down every single turret, we just farm and get our builds done. If you make the games last long enough, then it doesn't matter who had early advantage by playing skillfully.

Your idea isn't bad, but it would make the games last way too long, and wouldn't give the more skillful team the victory they deserve every time.

Stayenalive

12-18-2012

What about damage reduction?

You would just need to give damage reduction based on how many inhibs are up.

iixSILENT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

I think this would make it incredibly difficult for a team to come back from early game snowballs. For example, a team has lost early game very badly and its about 35 minutes in. The team that is ahead tries to pull off a baron to finish, and the team that is behind makes a huge play and aces while only losing 1 and steals baron.

USUALLY that team can push down mid turrets and the inhibitor, and possibly the nexus. However with what you are proposing, they could take the middle inhibitor, but would have to finish off ALL the other turrets and inhibitors before actually taking the nexus. So the team that is already very far ahead doesn't lose all that much (sure an inhibitor loss can be big, what if they already had 2-3 down in the losing team's base?), and making big plays and capitalizing on mistakes makes a much smaller impact on the end game if you haven't already pushed down every outer turret.