Tribunal at it's best ! I challenge EVERY RED to justify this punished report card.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maelchry

12-19-2012

What we have is a clear case of ignorance at it's finest. The people who voted Punish obviously did not read the entire report. This is a travesty. I would have voted Pardon because the reported player did nothing to fan flames to the fire.

Aquantarya

12-19-2012

Easy pardon is Easy. There isnt even anything borderline in any of these games...

RazyUltim8

12-19-2012

a

Tlalolc

12-19-2012

no reply from an admin yet. not even trying.

Hallows Evelynn

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlalolc View Post
no reply from an admin yet. not even trying.

theres just going to give a half assed response like "he is in tribunal for a reason, there are lots of reports you dont see but we can see, blah blah wall of text"

if we cant see those reports why the hell only give us 5 reports to review? why not review ALL reported cases and a player cant pass judgement untill he has reviewed ALL of them. this will leave only the most hardcore and dedicated judges.

Xerox69

12-19-2012

Hey guys, here I am, the guy who got reported and time banned from this card ^^

I want to give you more informations about what happened.

I'm a professional shoutcaster / streamer for a big french website, and at start, i didn't want this to happen. I mean, all the buzz around my punishment. Clearly, things got way out of my hands, but actually, I'm starting to like the way it takes.

I had a lot of trouble in a lot of game like a year ago because I couldn't control my nerves, my rage. I got warned once, totally justified. Then I got warned twice, this time it was a bit weird. In the 5 games i was reported in in the case, I insulted someone once, after he harassed me like all game long. I can't say this one wasnt justified either, you're not supposed to insult people, so I just was like : ok, i get it, two warnings, next one is a time ban, i'll just relax, chill a bit, and never insult anyone anymore.

And since this second warning, I never did it again. I'm really comprehensive with my teammates, always, I never flame, never taunt, or never show someone disrespect. This is why this third warning shut me down hard. I mean, it's ok to be guilty, it's totaly justified that, if you insult someone, you break the rules, and you get banned. But this time, and for a long time, I did nothing wrong, always pleasant.

For the games some of you think I refused to communicate with the team, actually I dont. Most of the times, i'm communicating with the pings, I ping on the map when ss, i ping on the map when someone gets ganked, well, I think i'm doing my job. So, yes, I always communicate with my mates !

Yes, I mailed Riot support, still no answer from them, but I guess the time ban will disapear tomorrow and I won't have any answer.

I know I've never been perfect at this game, I didn't have a flawless behavior, but since my second warning, I started realizing there is much more to lose than i thought, if my account gets banned.

As I said earlier, I'm a professional shoutcaster / streamer, so as my account is banned, I can't work, and more, I can't get any money. So when I saw the second warning, I improved my behavior, as the guy from support always tell you : "Make a good thing with this ban, improve your behavior and it won't happen, you won't get banned anymore." Well, that's what I did, and apparently it doesn't work.

In the previous case, for the second warning, I got reported for reasong like this :

"ELO boosted, ban please" or "Said ggwp at the end of a game where we were 4v5", and the decision was punish ^^

So, thanks for the support, and I'll keep you in touch for more information, don't hesitate to ask me questions about this case, if you want too.

Djak.

Repliku

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQrLLZ View Post
Maybe he didn't go through the tribunal cases ? I myself contributed to 31 cases but when I saw this guy http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6017079/ pardoned after my obvious punish I lost a lot of faith in it and stopped. He was toxic as all hell in game 1 and gave up and sat in base chatting in game 5. That was the 5th case I ever reviewed... they aren't hard to find.
EDIT : My bad, someone from the french forum he posted it on just posted it here. He didn't have to go through any case.

Jayrune

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerox69 View Post
Hey guys, here I am, the guy who got reported and time banned from this card ^^

I want to give you more informations about what happened.

I'm a professional shoutcaster / streamer for a big french website, and at start, i didn't want this to happen. I mean, all the buzz around my punishment. Clearly, things got way out of my hands, but actually, I'm starting to like the way it takes.

I had a lot of trouble in a lot of game like a year ago because I couldn't control my nerves, my rage. I got warned once, totally justified. Then I got warned twice, this time it was a bit weird. In the 5 games i was reported in in the case, I insulted someone once, after he harassed me like all game long. I can't say this one wasnt justified either, you're not supposed to insult people, so I just was like : ok, i get it, two warnings, next one is a time ban, i'll just relax, chill a bit, and never insult anyone anymore.

And since this second warning, I never did it again. I'm really comprehensive with my teammates, always, I never flame, never taunt, or never show someone disrespect. This is why this third warning shut me down hard. I mean, it's ok to be guilty, it's totaly justified that, if you insult someone, you break the rules, and you get banned. But this time, and for a long time, I did nothing wrong, always pleasant.

For the games some of you think I refused to communicate with the team, actually I dont. Most of the times, i'm communicating with the pings, I ping on the map when ss, i ping on the map when someone gets ganked, well, I think i'm doing my job. So, yes, I always communicate with my mates !

Yes, I mailed Riot support, still no answer from them, but I guess the time ban will disapear tomorrow and I won't have any answer.

I know I've never been perfect at this game, I didn't have a flawless behavior, but since my second warning, I started realizing there is much more to lose than i thought, if my account gets banned.

As I said earlier, I'm a professional shoutcaster / streamer, so as my account is banned, I can't work, and more, I can't get any money. So when I saw the second warning, I improved my behavior, as the guy from support always tell you : "Make a good thing with this ban, improve your behavior and it won't happen, you won't get banned anymore." Well, that's what I did, and apparently it doesn't work.

In the previous case, for the second warning, I got reported for reasong like this :

"ELO boosted, ban please" or "Said ggwp at the end of a game where we were 4v5", and the decision was punish ^^

So, thanks for the support, and I'll keep you in touch for more information, don't hesitate to ask me questions about this case, if you want too.

Djak.
The Bolded part, in my opinion, is the most damning and damaging. It indicates that Riot prefers a stall strategy on false positives since the "problem" will "resolve itself" with time.

And Riot (at least the portion in charge of tribunal) does not seem to understand that the perception being cultivated of the tribunal and it's voters, and the fact that this sort of false positive is even possible, matter considerably more than any statistic or intention they can post (after all, statistics can be easily modified by shifting what you define as a false positive, like keeping a ban that is not justified by the tribunal case because of information not in said case).

Which is ironic, cause if the report cards were never made, this sort of thing would still be entirely deniable, which would probably have a much less negative impact (who would join a game where there is evidence of a chance that your account can just banned without reason, and then ignored? If it can be passed off as a disgruntled former player making **** up, it'll be ignored by most gamers).

Though all in all, it's just a handful of players in a sea of several million right? what do they matter?

Serifu

12-19-2012

I don't get it... The Tribunal don't give rewards anymore... why spam punish then? So lame that some people just spam punish to have a score... It's so disappointing to summoners who read all the games and make an effort to judge correctly... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Crazed View Post
Riots entire system is made so that they can steal your money... You spend hours, weeks, months leveling up and than buying skins etc only to be permabanned by the most stupid reason ever! They are purposely stealing money from gamers why hasn't anyone stepped up to this?
That have no sense... If it's all about money, Riot wouldn't ban players that spend lots of money on the game (at least not for stupid reasons)... And yet... the game is free, nobody is forced to spend money in it...

This case just went so wrong. I hope it could be solved by support, definitively this player doesn't deserve a ban.

TrolImanship

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrune View Post
The Bolded part, in my opinion, is the most damning and damaging. It indicates that Riot prefers a stall strategy on false positives since the "problem" will "resolve itself" with time.

And Riot (at least the portion in charge of tribunal) does not seem to understand that the perception being cultivated of the tribunal and it's voters, and the fact that this sort of false positive is even possible, matter considerably more than any statistic or intention they can post (after all, statistics can be easily modified by shifting what you define as a false positive, like keeping a ban that is not justified by the tribunal case because of information not in said case).

Which is ironic, cause if the report cards were never made, this sort of thing would still be entirely deniable, which would probably have a much less negative impact (who would join a game where there is evidence of a chance that your account can just banned without reason, and then ignored? If it can be passed off as a disgruntled former player making **** up, it'll be ignored by most gamers).

Though all in all, it's just a handful of players in a sea of several million right? what do they matter?
Agree 100%

I honestly don't know what the **** Riot is thinking