Tribunal at it's best ! I challenge EVERY RED to justify this punished report card.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KineticSkink

12-18-2012

While your OP is dickish, I am a harsher judge but this should be a pardon.

Le Misérable

12-18-2012

You have more chances of getting a good ratio in Tribunal if you just spam punish instead of trying to guess.
Everybody knows it but Tribunal Nazis won't admit it.
Basically you can get banned for anything, you play with the constant feeling of having a gun pressed against your temple.
I don't think it's a good way to get a ''healthy'' community.

Harate

12-18-2012

Bump for Lyte/Wookie response. This thread obviously isn't going to go away until they do.

lmpolite

12-18-2012

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Everyone gets mad, and takes out a bit of their frustration in the chat, if its a sentence or two then I do not see the big deal. If its constant harassment, name calling, AFK, racism, spamming, trolling, feeding, etc, they should get banned. But I am sick of all these pity reports and bans that are happening because people want to ruin the game for someone else.

Everyone gets mad, its a video game, not every single player is going be kind and sweet talk everyone, especially if people don't communicate, participate in team fights, etc.

They need to fix the tribunal because granted, yes its a free game to play, but alot of us spend a large amount of money on Riot Points on skins, champs, etc. and we get screwed over by people who just want to ruin everything for everyone else.

TL;DR Please only ban people for constant harass, spamming, trolling, feeding, AFK. If you curse at a teammate a few times, they most likely deserve it and should help with the team instead of playing for themselves. Afterall, this is a team based game, and with no team, you will not win!

tortuousGoddess

Recruiter

12-19-2012

Also still wanting a Riot response to this. This is completely intolerable. Where's the motivation to play by the summoner's code when you can get banned while following it anyway? The tribunal is damaging this community more than it is helping at this point.

Hallows Evelynn

12-19-2012

getting punished/banned for saying absolutely nothing.

kinda makes you not even want to play the game doesnt it? especially if u paid money to buy skins and etc

tortuousGoddess

Recruiter

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistixz View Post
getting punished/banned for saying absolutely nothing.

kinda makes you not even want to play the game doesnt it?
Yes, which is exactly the problem.

TrolImanship

12-19-2012

So this thread was moved to the Tribunal section yesterday.

But still no red reply.

Pathetic.

(I know I'll get downvoted because this is the Tribunal section and questioning Riot in here = instant downvotes)

sQrLLZ

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbrok View Post
First of all, how pathetic are you to go through all these report cards and finding ones that aren't ban-worthy. That just shows how insistent you are on trying to find a flaw. Yes, there will be hiccups in the system every once in a while but just by finding ONE doesn't mean jack squat.

Worst case scenario, this was a bad ban and the player will get suspended for a day or two and he never goes back. There will always be some error involved, but that doesn't mean Tribunal is 110% accurate EACH and EVERY time.
Maybe he didn't go through the tribunal cases ? I myself contributed to 31 cases but when I saw this guy http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6017079/ pardoned after my obvious punish I lost a lot of faith in it and stopped. He was toxic as all hell in game 1 and gave up and sat in base chatting in game 5. That was the 5th case I ever reviewed... they aren't hard to find.

Hallows Evelynn

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuousGoddess View Post
Yes, which is exactly the problem.
ya it is a problem for sure.

heres a little history about myself as slight evidence to this problem. as a gamer i always research a game before i play it. about 2 months ago i took interest in it after watching a streamer named destiny play it all the time. i researched it and all was fine untill i started researching the tribunal system and read posts such as this one.

i thought to myself "wtf is this? having a community judge your punishment is the worst idea i have ever heard of." i started researching it more and more and the amount of innocent victims being punished and the amount of guilty victims being pardoned were astounding and mind boggling. needless to say its a result of pure trolls, the exact reason to never give power to ANY gaming community.

long story short, the tribunal was the sole reason i delayed playing this game for so long, because of the fear of me putting so many hours into a game just to get banned by trolls for doing nothing or being "bad" at the game. because lets face it, as a new player you are BOUND to be bad at the game for awhile, especially when experimenting with new champs.

in the end i joined the game starting about month ago. and guess what? 1 month later(yesterday) in i got a warning. why? for getting trolled by other players and being "bad".

tribunal may look good on paper, but in practice it is horrible.