@Nome- feasibility question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

12-17-2012

Update 12/19: The point of this post was to see if Nome would respond, since many people have proposed lots of great ideas about how riot might solve the current problems, and we have no idea what riot thinks of any of them. What we do know, is that we are not going to get ranked anytime soon.

I am not suggesting that removing blind pick is a magical panacea, I just wanted to know what Riot thinks about any of our suggestions; including adding bans to blind pick, making only high elo players have to used draft, bonus IP for draft (25% or even 50% more?), or just delete Kassadin, Teemo, Jayce and Khazix from the dominion roster.
---
I was wondering if we could get a Red response on this...

Would it be possible to remove blind pick on dominion?

I know you can't give us anything specific; but is this a solution that Riot HQ would consider?

I know you have bigger fish to fry than high ELO player issues, but I would love to get a quick up or down on if this is something riot would even consider doing.

naotasan

12-17-2012

Here's a better, simpler, and much more of an in-demand solution:

Remove Draft.
Add Ranked.
Keep blind pick.

The problem with only draft is that it will scare away new players because of the way they are forced to play. Everyone knows that in Draft, you need to own a lot of champions for counter picking and champion swapping. New players won't even touch it if it is draft-only

NamKim

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post

Remove Draft.
Add Ranked.
Keep blind pick.

The problem with only draft is that it will scare away new players because of the way they are forced to play. Everyone knows that in Draft, you need to own a lot of champions for counter picking and champion swapping. New players won't even touch it if it is draft-only
This would eliminate Riot's "It's going to split the fanbase if we add Ranked!!1!" argument.

Besides, the way it is right now, draft is pretty much dead. The only people playing draft are the people who would go to Ranked as soon as we get it anyways. As far as I'm concern, losing draft is not a big loss.

A Slime Appears

12-17-2012

I haven't played ranked SR, but don't they get more IP than normals? It might help draft if they treat it like a ranked mode and slap a 25% IP bonus on it or something. A lot of people seem to think champ bans would be a good stopgap for champ balance, it'd be nice to see if it really was.

But no, draft only is a bad idea. I can only see that causing us to lose more players than we already are.

NamKim

12-17-2012

Anyways, I think replacing Draft with Ranked is a possible idea.

But I still think that Ranked is not a magic fix for everything. But it is a big step forwards.

Rikukun

12-18-2012

I think that temporairily disabling blind for players who are level 30 and have at least 16 champs available would be a good thing for getting draft played again.

KaWraith

12-18-2012

Quote:

Remove Draft.
Add Ranked.
Keep blind pick.

This was our original argument: add ranked.

riot responded: it will take 2 weeks worth of dedicated work from a coalition of Rioters to implement ranked. This will require them suspending their current high priority projects to work on something that will throw a bone to a small .001% of the dominion player-base.
It is not cost effective, and they wont do it at this time.

Thus the idea of removing blind entirely, or temporarily, or just for people above 1500 ELO, or above 2000 Elo.
To my knowledge, we have never gotten a Red response about if that would be possible.

Getting Ranked is NOT an option that we can expect Riot to add to a regular S3 patch.

trustmeimdoctor

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
This was our original argument: add ranked.

riot responded: it will take 2 weeks worth of dedicated work from a coalition of Rioters to implement ranked. This will require them suspending their current high priority projects to work on something that will throw a bone to a small .001% of the dominion player-base.
Well, I think it was already proven that this argument was a load of ****. There was another Rioter that had previously stated that all they had to do was basically flip a switch.

AK47WOLF

12-18-2012

Quote:

Remove Draft.
Add Ranked.
Keep blind pick.

I have a solution that's better still.

Remove Kha'zix, Jax, and Poppy from Dominion. No need for Draft.

naotasan

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
Please link to this post because I can link to a post that says "Ranked for Dominion is ready to go, we just need to flip the switch" which was made by a red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
I have a solution that's better still.

Remove Kha'zix, Jax, and Poppy from Dominion. No need for Draft.
Believe it or not, your 'solution' isn't simple. There are people who are far more broken than Kaz/Jaz/Poppy.