Problems with players in rank 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Obyssion

12-18-2012

So I'm sure most of you have had the same problems during ranked 5v5s solo/duo with players that are abusive, auto-lock, no communication etc but do decent ingame. What do you do about the players that appear to know what they're talking about and they choose champions they've never used before and they have not done any sort of research in ranked games before.. like one of many games I've had just 10 minutes ago we had a guy choose Syndra who had never used that champion before and fed the enemy teams swain 8 times in about 7 minutes, called no mias and then goes afk mid game.. I'm kind of tired of this routine as it's what got me stuck in the lower elo brackets last season and I believed that last season I still had a lot to learn but when you're playing a fiddlestick that usually scores around 12/4/16 or 21/8/14 and you're still losing.. it kinda makes you feel like carrying a team is really impossible and I really just want to play with others that know what they're doing. Even if we lost but everyone tried really hard and did their jobs then that would make the game fun.. I'm not all about winning but yeah.. not really sure what to add here? I think Riot needs to make some sort of system that can flood out those players like maybe rather from starting at 1250 elo make everyone start from 0 and work their way up or something...

Lord Obyssion

12-18-2012

What I mean by starting from 0 rather then 1250 is that all new players that start rank games are ranked roughly around the 1250 mark (I think) and some win a few games and go to about 1400 but then they start losing a lot of games and sink all the way down to 600~900 elo meaning they have to match other higher elo players on their way down in the ranks making this more difficult for the more serious players to get higher elo but if we all started at 0 then the better players would eventually surpass the not so good players.. and in no way am I calling anyone newbs because I believe there is a difference between a newb and someone abusing their "troll" like abilities in-game.

Lord Obyssion

12-18-2012

Also I don't think dodging games should have a punishment.. sometimes you need to dodge games when someone is intentionally wanting to make you lose.

sepetaiya

12-18-2012

all good points that have been talked about many times, but the system as it is is much better than it seems. dodging needs to be time-punished as people at higher elo very often dodge que even gladly taking the 30 minute penalty because they are so afraid of losing elo. theres also no such thing as carrying since this is a team game.

you need personal skill and alot of luck with teamates to get out of elo hell. im at 1292 so ive still got a ways to go.

im just glad someone finally knows how to spell 'newb.'

Lord Obyssion

12-18-2012

I just had 2 games with people that auto locked champs they've never used before and in-game didn't communicate once and each game I lost 37 elo putting me down to 1125 now.. I'm afraid if I continue playing I will be stuck in elo hell again and I know that my skill level is pretty decent in comparison. Don't know what to do really.. stick to dominions or uninstall lol.