Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lukiner

12-18-2012

so where she is? I can use Spotlight as champion in game so it would be nice if you also release her beside showing simple video....

Falzarr2

12-18-2012

Quote:
Fenix9000:
Darius doesnt have any gap closers, closest thing he's got is a pull.
Riot wanted to make a bruiser all in or go home, and as a result of having no escapes, they give him "overwhelming force"
Admittedely the reset on his ult is a bit much but still, what would they replace his ult with?
many bruisers have 1 escape or ways to disengage from fights,
Basically, they wanted a champ, who if he gets ganked, as a result of having no escapes, should have a chance to be able to 2v1 if the darius is skilled enough

Or instead of making the easiest pentakill champion ever, they could just take the reset off his ult completely, or make it reduce the CD by 50%. Garen and Darius pretty much have the same ult if used on someone at around 1/4 HP (Insta execute), yet Garens' has an 80 second CD at max rank and no stupid reset mechanic. Garen used to be my main Top lane Tank/bruiser, but after Darius came out, he got knocked off his pedestal and is seen more often as full tank now since he loses to Darius top purely due to the fact that Darius' ult has an extra few hundred damage on his.

It is true that Garen still deals tons of damage as a full tank, but Darius deals even more without having a single point of bonus AD.

NigerMan97

12-18-2012

Omg i love her...when is the release date???

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

12-18-2012

Quote:
Phreak:

It’s punch o’clock in this edition of the Champion Spotlight, where you’ll learn to brawl with Vi, the Piltover Enforcer. Whether going solo in lane or tearing through the jungle, Vi’s a powerful fighter whose brutal punches shatter her opponents’ armor and shred through health. When an enemy carry is protected by his team, Vi can charge through the defensive line and deliver a devastating uppercut. Find out more about the Piltover Enforcer with tips, tricks, sample mastery builds, and more on the Vi Champion Spotlight.

I'm really excited about vi, but I had to downvote the video.

Heres why:

The video was from the spectators perspective all of a sudden, when the all the others were first person phreak. It got really confusing having the spotlight vi on the enemy team (Red colors) and the enemy vi on the green team. Because of this my eyes kept edging to the green vi during the cluster of battle.

It's not that it was a terrible vid, but by changing up the perspective after so long you make it hard to see whats going on.

Also, you guys forgot to include the item section. This would have been a great time to talk about builds for her and to comment on the new shop.

Diddle Me Then

12-18-2012

Really... the Dougie though?...

Freehugzqt

Recruiter

12-18-2012

Quote:
Gigglestomp:

Also, you guys forgot to include the item section. This would have been a great time to talk about builds for her and to comment on the new shop.

I don't understand how everyone does not realize that riot said they will no longer do recommended items as there is none for any champion now. The in game shop has items that hint you in the right direction but on a characters sheet in the champions section under tips and items there are no items listed for any champion what so ever.

White Kong X

12-18-2012

CHamp looks redic new main!
NEW OP CHAMP IS OP!

CharNox

12-18-2012

Recommended builds were never good because it never taught new players about counter-building against your enemy. You built pure dmg and no hp... you built no mr against a full ap team... no armor against ad heavy teams, no merc threads for cc heavy teams.

you build against what you fight, not what'll just do pure dmg

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

12-18-2012

Quote:
freehugzqt:
I don't understand how everyone does not realize that riot said they will no longer do recommended items as there is none for any champion now. The in game shop has items that hint you in the right direction but on a characters sheet in the champions section under tips and items there are no items listed for any champion what so ever.

Where did riot say this?

Also,

There's always a solid core of items that tend to be better for a champion. That didn't change. What changed was now their are more items that can be added situationally to fill the other slots.

Also, core items are only one dimension to it. I would say there's probably 3 different ways to build the same 4 items. Order of sub-components matters.

Terminus Est

12-18-2012

This also reveals a still current bug with Vi;

Assault and Battery is (according to Phreak, even) damage and knock-aside targets between her and her target, however currently it just knocks them aside, dealing no damage.