Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fizz or Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

12-17-2012

Since they pretty much slammed the nerfbat on Diana's head and she is not very viable anymore compared to the other options, which one of these two champions do you think would be better mid?

I need your opinion on who I should get very good at! Thank you, I have always wondered who you guys think is better and why ^_^

Cyanis

12-18-2012

Who you should get will be your own decision in the end, but personally I would pick Akali.
I love burst assassins the most in this game and Akali is just that. Although I haven't played Fizz myself, I just hate his jump... thing. I mean yeah its fun to deny any form of damage and trolling the **** out of others, but I see no joy in playing that haha.

My most favorite AP mid is Akali because if played well, she can hold up against most AP mids. Even in a countered lane, as soon as she gets lvl6 with boots, revolver and a sheen she will rip anyone apart and send them home :P

The new item changes have been very beneficial to Akali and although squishy, she will go on a rampage if she gets fed. If Akali wants the enemy adc's head, she's gonna get it :P

DMPuffy

12-18-2012

Akali.

I'm not going to write a massive wall of text, because it is very simple. Akali can make plays like almost no other champion in this game. If you know where minions are, ward jungle camps, use your shroud properly, you can almost 1v5 a poorly coordinated team (I have done it). You can also nullify certain champions gapclosers or grabs with a well timed R. This is just quite simply, fun.

doomed2death

12-18-2012

Akali imo. Better laner (spell vamp sustain is awesome and decent poking). Better burster. Less AoE damage but with her cooldowns, it's pretty easy to burst out 2-3 champs in a single team fight.

What is a Name

Recruiter

12-18-2012

Akali is better all around I believe although fizz can single down opponents rather fast akali jumps in the middle, kills them all and then runs back on a minion, if you play akali though you need some beginning runes to trigger her passive, you may have a rough beginning but you snowball like crazy after 1 kill

WinnieDaP00

12-19-2012

Fizz if you want to have the most fun you'll ever have in this game.

He struggles laning early, but once you hit lvl 3 and have Q W E you can harass your lane opponent pretty hard.