Erised

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etsuno

02-25-2013

Notes: Just a short little something I thought up while at work. More to come when I feel up for it
For those not in the know, this is based on the Mirror of Erised in Harry Potter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diana

---------------------

Gone were the curved, lunar-esque plates of armor she donned as she sat casually upon her stone perch, adoring the moon's splendor with an easy little smile she had not known for the longest time. The night was breezy and calm, and her village was spirited and alive as they bustled about, not hiding in their homes and praying to their sun for the night to end and for the day to begin anew. They did not fear its light. They basked, as they would the day's star.

They beckoned to her with welcome hands and smiles.

She saw her there, bright amber hair as gold as the sun and a smile just as radiant and warm. The woman gestured to her, hand outstretched, waiting for her to accept.

"Welcome home."

---------------------

Diana turned away from the mirror in disgust, chest heaving underneath her armor. Teeth grit and a hand over her chest, she seethed, "Desire? I think not."

A sneer formed over her lips at the image that had been shown before her and considered slicing the damnable thing in two. Instead, lunar warrior gripped her blade all the tighter as her mind tried to reaffirm her cause.

'Destiny,' she reminded herself as she peered over her curved blade. 'This is my destiny.'

She cast the mirror one last look over her shoulder before shaking her head, marching away with loud steps to drown out the dam threatening to burst from her chest.

"It has only shown me hopeless delusions..."

---------------------

Ecnatpecca

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mibster

02-28-2013

Nice.

Magister Gir

02-28-2013

very nice, i already have assumptions honestly but those stay assumptions unless proven otherwise. Pretty cool and look forward to the next chapter or part