Riot, did you forget Lissandra, Kassadin's Daughter,etc.? You never mention them

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The FireWater

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well, as per usual I can't comment on whether any of these champions is in production or will come out, but we have certainly talked about each of them at length. I for one look for good lore tie-ins wherever possible. I'm quite interested in each of the characters listed here. Also, I'd love to see us explore more personal connections between champions.

I'd very much like to make a love interest for Jayce =P
I'd love more character interaction. I love related Lore, I love easter eggs, I especially love tangible in game effects such as the Rengar/Kha'Zix event.

But for the love of god, focus all this planned attention to something other than that beardless freak.

I understand that as the creators you are were very excited over the cool transforming playstyle of Jayce, but you've made better champions, more interesting champions, more interesting champion kits, and better lores for champions. My not being a fan of him doesn't mean he's worthless/unintesting/unfun as a whole, but the fact remains champ 100 was greatly anticipated (with many hoping we'd get a strong lore related champ like Kass's daughter or Du Couteau), and instead we got Captain No Beard.

Rxlic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dy View Post
isnt that what taric is for
Jayce is manlier than you

Dreggon

12-18-2012

Quote:
I wouldn't say hate. The sun and the moon live in the same sky, they share a cycle. Diana's story is one of tragedy, and as has been said before, what's more tragic than having to kill someone you love?
Finding out later that you didn't actually have to kill them?

metalaug

12-18-2012

Quote:
Well, as per usual I can't comment on whether any of these champions is in production or will come out, but we have certainly talked about each of them at length. I for one look for good lore tie-ins wherever possible. I'm quite interested in each of the characters listed here. Also, I'd love to see us explore more personal connections between champions.

I'd very much like to make a love interest for Jayce =P
He should be a black man. Think of all the barriers you'd break.

1. first black champion
2. it's ok to be gay
3. interracial love

Iverna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

ZELOS.
That's all I want.

Majestaat

12-18-2012

Quote:
I wouldn't say hate. The sun and the moon live in the same sky, they share a cycle. Diana's story is one of tragedy, and as has been said before, what's more tragic than having to kill someone you love?
Having to marry someone you hate?

If someone I love has to die, it better be by my own hand.

Jxanadu

12-18-2012

Quote:
That's kind of the point I was getting at, things like get shipped all the time because it has relevance to something like one thing being the light and the other being darkness.

Or even simpler things such as Lulu and Veigar because they have the same type of hat.

I could have left out hate, but polar opposites still stands.

Jayce though having some type of love interest serves to still make some sort of logical sense.

swan2swan

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxanadu View Post
Shipping two characters that hate each other and are polar opposites.

Just because things are "pretty" doesn't mean it's going to make sense.

http://oneoftwo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5iubex

Linked by IronStylus...

http://swan2swan.tumblr.com/post/372...-it-is-that-no

From his Twitter...

Also, if you look in the original AMAs about Diana, he points out how she was in love with Leona. And how they have mountains of potential material on the two of them. Because their story is one that is...perfect for one another. They could be enemies, but having them love each other as well twists both of their characters. Diana's always been alone and victimized, Leona's the type who wants to protect people like Diana who suffer without being able to retaliate. But then Diana gained the strength to retaliate, and in doing so committed genocide that Leona could not forgive...but at the same time, it was self-defense against a culture that had kept Leona in the dark. Diana brings a dark truth to Leona's world of purity and light...Leona brings light and hope to Diana's world of despair and apathy.

Of course, this is getting off-topic. I'll gladly have a shipwar with you elsewhere, but for now...I'll let the parrot enlighten you himself. ^_^

Back to the subject matter, I'm also curious about Sivir's relationships. Do she and Draven have a thing going with their spinning blades...?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-18-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
Finding out later that you didn't actually have to kill them?
Hmm.. or maybe coming back to life to kick your ass?

Prince Barin

12-18-2012

Quote:
Wanting to kill someone you love.

Having to kill someone you love implys that you have no choice. Your decision has already been made.

Wanting to kill someone you love, shows that you DO NOT have to make the choice and that other factors have driven you to make this decision. You cannot argue that you HAD to do it, but you did it.