As a solo queue player, what am I supposed to do against duo queue troll teammates?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GSHalleck

12-20-2012

I recently had one of the most toxic gaming experiences of my life (worst before today was hackers in CSS that owned the server and banned anyone who objected). My teammates avoided me at all times in teamfights, and tried to say anything they could to provoke me in teamchat. Once my score was worse than theirs, they started screaming in allchat that I was feeding.

... In champion select, I gave them my gaming Skype account info. I picked last, and tried to pick something that complimented our team comp. I asked for advice and heard nothing until the game itself started. They refused to talk about strategies or champion choices, refused to talk about build or skill choices, and only started talking once I had died once (after they had flashed away in the level 1 teamfight).

I admit that I could have been overzealous in the first fight. I admit that I might be misinterpreting how this team dynamic really worked after a long day and a tired night. But assuming things are as they seem, what recourse do I have against such individuals? They're both obviously reporting me no matter what I say, and enemies will likely report me as well due to both my teammates agreeing that I'm the troll in allchat.

If they're willing to throw a game and vote no on surrenders so that my score is disproportionately bad, I don't see any action I can take without either calling these individuals out on the forums (against the ToS) or emailing Riot support about them (wholly ineffective).

tl;dr; If this happened to you, what would you do?

dicecube

12-20-2012

Mute them

GSHalleck

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecube View Post
Mute them
Muting them does not stop them from reporting me. Nor does it stop them from getting me killed for at least 15 minutes (if they are feeling lenient). Nor does it stop them from trying to get the enemy team to report me.

In my personal toxic experience, I muted my teammates 5 minutes in. They had already been screaming to the enemy about how obviously feeding I was, and the enemy team continued to talk with them saying how hard they were going to report me after I muted my teammates.

Other than muting my teammates, what solutions would you suggest?

Bobinatorlol

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHalleck View Post
Other than muting my teammates, what solutions would you suggest?
Mute them AND take their CS.

GSHalleck

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol View Post
Mute them AND take their CS.
Honestly, this form of counter-trolling is the only thing I can think of that would be effective. If I have less CS than them, they'll report me for AFK regardless of whether it's true because tribunal will show me to be guilty. If I have more deaths than them, they'll report me for feeding regardless of whether it's true because tribunal will show me to be guilty.

Even if I try to play, the people I'm talking about will feed too hard for me to salvage it and then report me for verbal abuse regardless of the fact that I've ignored them 5 minutes in due to their clearly matched names and clearly toxic behaviour.

If I report them, as far as the majority of players in the game are concerned, no matter how well I play, I am the worst player on a losing team. I cannot report them for feeding because they've either tricked me into having a much worse ratio than them or stolen so much of my CS that I am clearly the "weak link".

If they can convince even 1 enemy to report me for the same charge they choose to report me for, any reporting I do is meaningless. I might be overreacting, but in 3v3 I could see a 2 person team trolling over and over and over and over and getting a potentially large number of people banned for doing nothing at all if they were so inclined.

Really, all I'm wondering is how many people have encountered a duo team of trolls that report the non-team queued person.

Has anyone experienced this or should I just shut my mouth?

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHalleck View Post
tl;dr; If this happened to you, what would you do?
http://500motivators.com/plog-conten...-with-fire.jpg

Dancing Kirby

12-20-2012

I know what you mean about toxic players. Long story short I solo qued with the absolute worst darius in lol and my riven was way to aggressive with bad positioning. I was told to never play Nidalee again and how bad I was at lol in all chat (because the enemy needs to know). I told them to look up my game history, muted them, then took a deep breath.
I lost that match, and I was sad about it, but that is being human. Take a 5 minute break and just release "all thoughts". Think about how this game will effect you a week from now. Don't give those players any hold on you or they win. I enjoyed this video, maybe it will help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE8wTbYJs8

leetasmeat

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I lost that match, and I was sad about it, but that is being human. Take a 5 minute break and just release "all thoughts". Think about how this game will effect you a week from now. Don't give those players any hold on you or they win.
This dude is real smart. To add, I will tell my team once we're a few team fights in the hole that I will only team fight under turrets and just farm until that happens; "We're clearly not winning these team fights." That hedges feeding quite a bit, and is good practice besides. Beyond that, I just trust that if I am reviewed by the tribunal they will see my Teamwork and Honorable Opponent stats and realize it's a fluke. As frustrating as these games are, they really are few and far between.

an N M E

12-20-2012

Add me. I'm looking for any halfway decent, or at least competent player to avoid the horrid random queues for threes.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Just ignore them and don't worry if you get reported. You need to get a lot of reports before any action is taken provided you don't have any priors.