Only _intentional_ feeding is against the Code

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NynaeveaM

12-18-2012

Bump, any comments and upvotes if you want to help are welcome!

Sena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

I don't think he did anything to be deserving of a punish vote besides the one "gay" comment. It is not the best comment to make but I don't think it warrants a 14-day ban. If he really did deserve a punishment, a simple warning email would've sufficed.

Personally I would have voted Pardon and I'm really scared of playing now that I've been reading up on these cases. It really does seem like the more you play the more you end up in the Tribunal because someone will always report you for something. If you do well an enemy will report you because you destroyed them, if you do poorly your team mate will report you because they think you purposely fed.

I'm not going to try to define what is "intentional feeding." I think you all have a brain and can tell what intentional feeding is. If someone started out poorly, got angry and just plain refused to help the team and go solo after that and died a lot, I would say that is intentional feeding. You should NOT punish people for trying out builds/new champions. Even if he was doing it in a normal, he would still be reported either way because someone will be angry. It doesn't matter what mode he is playing. The fact of the matter is that there is always the one random angry player that can't accept losing/winning and resorts to the report button. We need to understand that the metagame only evolves because people are trying NEW builds/champions. I think having some innovation is good in a game like LoL.

If this player has indeed been passive and following the code, please compensate this player for this unjust ban. Tribunal is only putting fear in the minds of positive players because of these things, it is not refraining the trolls that were going to troll anyways from trolling.

Funny how this relates back so well to the criminology courses I've taken before. Prevention only works to a small degree. You can scare people with your laws, but only the lawful will be scared in the first place.

Upvoting the OP because the ban is totally unjust in my eyes. Would like to see a Riot response ASAP. I would also like a Riot response FURTHER on as to why some of the cases where people should clearly have been punished turned out to be Pardons. Although this is rare and few in my experience, it is really discouraging to see it happen.

NynaeveaM

12-18-2012

Thanks Sena I appreciate your reply.

NynaeveaM

12-18-2012

Does anybody know how long a reply to a Support Ticket is expected to be? I'm almost at 24 hours now. I also wrote a direct email to Lyte but I think I should wait before writing another one would be impolite to bother him. However I consider writing another Support Ticket. Do you guys think i should wait longer?

Sena

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NynaeveaM View Post
Does anybody know how long a reply to a Support Ticket is expected to be? I'm almost at 24 hours now. I also wrote a direct email to Lyte but I think I should wait before writing another one would be impolite to bother him. However I consider writing another Support Ticket. Do you guys think i should wait longer?
I waited 5 or 6 days before getting a reply on my last ticket. Expect around there. Once they did reply to me they were fast and solved my problem though.

H Bergeron

12-18-2012

I have to admit I am usually one of the harsher judges but I don't see any reason whatsoever that you should have been banned or even reported in the first place. "Intentional Feeding" shouldn't even be an option to begin with, but it is, and people use it. Personally I pardon all "Intentional feeding" reports unless there is something to back up the fact that it was INTENTIONAL.

TenienDaithen

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NynaeveaM View Post
I've sent in a few tickets and they have taken between a couple of minutes and 14 days.

Sereg Anfaug

12-18-2012

As far as the "gay" comment - I didn't even notice it as I read through the case.

Most people who punish for words like that are looking for "F*ggot" or at least something directed at someone else. So I really doubt that's the issue - it certainly isn't toxic, and any judge who would actually punish for a single passive use of the least offensive word along those lines has got to be in the extreme minority, so I wouldn't even imagine it as the reason for the Punish verdict, correct or not.

I already upvoted your post yesterday when I read it(and that's something I almost never do in this forum - I usually downvote people who come to protest a ban, because they usually deserve to be banned, often very obviously).

Hopefully, this post will continue to recieve positive attention and eventually a red reply, either clarifying why you deserve the ban despite the case, or providing hope of a reversal or at least a higher level review of your situation.

The fact that it's a 14 day ban, the level just below perma, is also especially worrisome, particularly when you haven't had another ban since a 7 day ten months ago.

NynaeveaM

12-18-2012

Thank you for the upvote Sereg Annfaug. What I just noticed is that my upvotes have been jumping around a lot, it was +5 then it went down to +2 then back to +6 just few minutes ago now only +4.

I guess some people think it is a fair ban, or at the very least disagree with me on something I've said. But why don't they post?

Sereg Anfaug

12-18-2012

I don't know. I would think even the Anti-Tribunal trolls would be behind this one, since it gives them something to point at, legitimately for once, when they scream that the Tribunal is broken.

And actual Tribunal judges, who presumably vote in the Tribunal to uphold justice, should also be supporting this, if for no other reason then to see the inevitable(this has been the case in the past, so I'm not necessarily saying it will be true of you) red post where Lyte brings up all of the player's report statistics and previous toxic games.

Even those Judges solely concerned with their rating should want this adressed, since cases like this are disruptive to our accuracy.

So, I have no idea why anyone would downvote this. Maybe because you specifically request up votes? That rubs alot of people the wrong way - I have to admit that when I checked this thread today and saw that, I felt an immediate urge to downvote, which faded when I realized that A) I actually do support this thread, and B) I already upvoted it =P