Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Only _intentional_ feeding is against the Code

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NynaeveaM

01-08-2013

Best way to teach people they have done something wrong is to not pay attention to their "i carry my team but get banned???" threads. He's giving me free bumps tho, yay.

NynaeveaM

01-08-2013

Bump

NynaeveaM

01-09-2013

Can I have a red reply on this? Or anyone else with relevant specific help

Stoner88

01-09-2013

Quote:
Jax [00:03:48] gay

Quote:
a term to describe a group of people as an insult

Gay is not a racist word.. Gay can mean happy, alive, feeling well.. I was feeling gay this morning after winning a 5v5 rated game. I then kissed my wife and felt gayer..

SirValcarde

01-09-2013

Quote:
Stoner88:
Gay is not a racist word.. Gay can mean happy, alive, feeling well.. I was feeling gay this morning after winning a 5v5 rated game. I then kissed my wife and felt gayer..

If you honestly believe people are using that word in the classical sense when they say 'gay' due to something bad happening, you're charmingly naive. Don't lose that innocence.

When people use a word that they -know- has modern connotations that are offensive, then try to turn around and say 'Oh my gosh, I was using the original meaning of the term!', they are trolling, plainly put.

Stoner88

01-09-2013

Quote:
When people use a word that they -know- has modern connotations that are offensive, then try to turn around and say 'Oh my gosh, I was using the original meaning of the term!', they are trolling, plainly put.

In a legal sense NO... Gay people like my brother in law describe themselves as gay, bisexual.. It is not a negative term unless used in context.... Unlike, maybe; ******, or **** Gay in itself is not at all offensive.. It is overused term because of a persons limited vocabulary..

AlfaXen

01-09-2013

i think they should remove the tribunal and introduce the seperate game queue system. if people are toxic put them in the same queue.
I just got time banned for no reason at all. people just spamming the punish button or not reading the chat log or whatever. ill admit i rage. i was at 1800 and at elo reset got to 1500, lost first 10 games got to 1200 elo got back to 1500 then got first timers and went back down. now you expect a 1800 elo player not to rage at 1300 elo? you all have to admit that people are stupid. and you want me to do what? give them advice how to play? you want me to be nice to them when i loose bkz of them? im not their babysitter. I think that people have the mental capacity to understand these words: "guys do not throw, just bkz im dominating doesnt mean you can be cocky, play as a team and dont solo, this is not premade, they will make mistakes and we will win". dont you? and i guess we all know what they do. they go solo bot turet when everyone is missing, they go into jungles without wards, they do everythign they possibly can to throw away the advantage we have. and thats how i get from 6/0 to 8/10 on pantheon ( currently my main ).
im not saying im super good, i cant compare to pro players, they can get from 1400 back to 2200 in no time, they have much more experience especially if they duo with someone. i cant be a better player if i play with people that are worse than me.
and one more thing in a system where you can be punished without a fair case ( in which you can defend yourself ), there is no democracy.
end rant.

NynaeveaM

01-09-2013

even if i described a mistake as "gay" I don't think it implies in any way that I think gay people are worse than anybody else

NynaeveaM

01-09-2013

Bump. Unfortunately lyte hasnt been active on reddit for 24 days :/ I feel like a stalker

Leo2k5

Recruiter

01-09-2013

Personally I would have pardoned... the only questionable stuff in there is the "no brain," "gay," and probably most damningly, "I didn't want to give Irelia win IP." VERY mild compared to most cases. At most I should think that should get a warning. Is there no time-out on punishments at all? I'd hate to think I could get a warning due to misunderstanding or something, and then be stuck with that strike on my account forever.