Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 660 55.60%
No 140 11.79%
Sometimes 387 32.60%
Voters: 1187. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustDeckeredBoys

12-17-2012

theyre good at making money... but the model they use will crash soon unless they change the way they run some things.

Ricardo54

12-17-2012

Hey griftrix any idea if you know when vi is soppuse to be released ?

Litose

12-17-2012

would vote yes/sometimes for riot NA and no for Riot BR....since my main is on the BR server i voted no...

spent a "couple" dollars back when my main was on NA....dont see me spending a single dime in the BR one... wallet vote >>> forum poll

dwadwfr

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
Look at what they did to Diana. They put her and her skin on sale multiple times, right before nerfing her into the ground.

That is a sign of a BAD company and simply ****ing disrespectful and unfair to its players.

This gets a big fat NO from me, mother****ers. Never another cent.
this makes no sense whatsoever

and Diana isn't nerfed that hard, sure its harder to chase ppl down with ult but if you cant adapt then you need to leave

Honggg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Riot has been an okay company. I used to view them as much better than other triple A game making companies, such as Blizzard, but their recent activities have disappointed me.

I like the communication on the forums and the frankness of their staff. However, it's quite clear that they're really trying to milk the cow with the last few events that have been going on. The two most recent events, Halloween and Christmas, have been filled with rewards ONLY available through some kind of RP purchase/use. It's disappointing to see how, still, champions are always released at 6300 IP and how they've even created a 1350 RP skin tier. I disapprove of their decision to put Diana on sale and then nerf her right after; rioters can sale all they want about how the nerf was expected but it's very obvious they wanted to get the most out of Diana sales before the next patch went through. And, no, I did not buy her nor own Diana. (I do think she deserved a slight nerf)

I'm sure there are a bunch of promises that Riot has not kept, but, of course, it's impossible to keep everything perfect. I can't say Riot is an amazing company but they're certainly not bad when compared to the despicable family of Blizzard and some would argue EA.

Bebo1026

12-17-2012

If Riot doesn't try to make money, why will Vi be the...what, like 32nd 6300 in a row?

Agg

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
If I didn't believe what I said, I would be at a different company. Why would I stay at a company I don't like?

The fact that you can ask this question makes me hate you a little.

To answer it, because its a job and it pays bills.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-17-2012
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
The fact that you can ask this question makes me hate you a little.

To answer it, because its a job and it pays bills.
If I wanted a job just to pay bills, I would be programming bank software for 3x the income. Most people in the games industry feel the same way.

Gravilious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

xz
Casd

Aametherar

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo1026 View Post
If Riot doesn't try to make money, why will Vi be the...what, like 32nd 6300 in a row?
TBH it is a little lame especially since when people kept calling it out they said that they wouldn't do it on every champion.

That being said obviously they try to make money but I think he meant they focus on keeping people happy and that in itself is the focus of their strategy for making money.

As for the champ prices tbh I'd like to see more variety in costs including champs that are MORE expensive by quite a bit but I'd like the pricing to shift based on popularity, see a bit more variety.