Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 657 55.49%
No 140 11.82%
Sometimes 387 32.69%
Voters: 1184. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashcarr

12-19-2012

Well, I'd put Riot right there with Stardock and ArenaNet as some of the best ones out there. What do they all have in common? Their catalog of games has a very narrow scope. Give it time and as Riot expands so too will their focus on the player. And that's not just a guess.

the brat prince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

i like how all the reds posting about how great the place are have the word "lead" or "senior" or "manager" in their title. it's probably just like basically EVERY work place i've ever worked at. OF COURSE the higher ups think it's great (and it probably is for them...)

i'd rather hear from the guy who cleans the toilets plx. you can't get a real feel for a company without talking to the guys in the trenches getting directions from the high command.

(then again their job is at stake so all hopes for an objective view are pointless on here)

Janna F Kennedy

12-19-2012

Riot is a great company compared to other gaming companies I've seen. They come out with innovative ideas, and respect the players. Sure they can't make everything perfect all the time and can't satisfy everyone, but they are very good. They look for player feedback, and actually care about how people feel about the game. Please don't change that riot.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Good, yes. Professional, NO. These two have some overlap, but Riot does genuinely care about its players...almost to a fault. I'm not going to say Riot's a bad company for throwing in the Tribunal, but I will say that they are incredibly lazy if they don't want to hire people specifically to monitor their playerbase and system manually and instead rely on the users police themselves.

That and Tenecent is forcing Riot to throw way too much money into a competitive scene that it knows next to nothing about, and its solution for everything is to fix it with more money. Riot is self-sponsored and doesn't have any of the backing of any other competitive scene in terms of sponsorship or even representation, hence they have no true clout in the competitive market and should step back and wait for recognition to happen on its own.

It also comes down to another few things: Rioters are great people, but their company is pretty bad if only because it handles things unprofessionally.