Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 660 55.6%
No 140 11.79%
Sometimes 387 32.6%
Voters 1187 .

Is Riot a good company?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neko tan

12-18-2012

Quote:
Morello:
^

Cmon, Morello, I saw your interview (Kappa)

MandyMemory

12-18-2012

Quote:
Morello:
^

What currency do they even use in suck town? As the nerf master, do you have to pay for anything?

Thessalonike

12-18-2012

Quote:
Morello:
^

Are we going to hear about the survey results?

Fongletto

12-18-2012

I posted this issue about Oceanic servers just above you. To me essentially this is the one decision that makes riot a "bad" company. Even though I love them. You can't overlook the lack of support for Oceanic players.

cF Dawgy

12-18-2012

Riot isn't a good company.

They're a GREAT company.

A company that is always looking for ways to improve their model is amazing in my eyes. They know they aren't perfect, and they're striving to improve in whatever ways possible. Out of the three years or so I've been playing this game, I can honestly say Riot has made many leaps and bounds in this regard. They even acknowledge when they make mistakes! That's REALLY rare for anybody to do, especially for a company as large as Riot. Simply incredible.

Just because we as players would like to know about EVERY UPCOMING FEATURE six months ahead of time does NOT make it the right decision to leak that information early. In fact, I feel that Riot has taken a step in the RIGHT direction by not doing this as often, because it alleviates any concern about instilling false hope about features to the players, specifically if they're changed or scrapped in any way. Sometimes, ignorance really IS bliss.

NapalmBrain

12-18-2012

I can't think of another company who cares more about their customers. Most of the reasons listed like the free pizza at world finals were examples that came to mind, but skins like battle bunny riven and pool party ziggs were fan creations that got enough support that they decided to make them. They interact with players more then any other game I've ever seen, they seem to genuinely care more often then they cash grab and they are always doing something nice for the players (free RP bonuses/IP boosts). I couldn't be happier with how they run their company. I'd try to work for them myself if I didn't think the game would be on a downward spiral by the time I got the necessary schooling and experience. If you like the products they sell I would say yes support them, I wouldn't hold back because of doubts they may be a soulsucking company like walmart. I personally have spent in the neighborhood of $200 over the past 2 years and have zero regrets. Also player support rocks compared to companies like blizzard.

Send Me Lewds

12-19-2012

Accidentally voted no, meant yes. But yeah, when I compare them to companies such as EA and Activision it makes me happy that Riot is around. I mean, EA literally ruined ToR with their greed which makes me really sad.

Hextech Kyubey

12-19-2012

Quote:
Victor Marte:
Thinking about buying skins every holiday to support this f2p game. But I want to get peoples opinions before I buy any - is Riot a good company? Are they worth supporting? Do they listen to the players?

I notice that some of their updates get a ton of downvotes yet they don't do anything. Random nerfs and buffs, and promises that seem to never come.

What do you think?

-Victor

if you mean they are good at getting me to spend hundreds of dollars on skins for champs i dont even use then yes! they are very good at what they do :P

Komitar

12-19-2012

Quote:
Victor Marte:

What do you think?

-Victor

You don't want to bury money in a game in wich you can be banned by saying the word "noob" amongst others.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

12-19-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:
I think Riot is a great company. I have never worked at a company that encourages player interaction more. We also try to interact with players in meaningful ways. We have open discussions with the community (when the thread has an appropriately constructive tone).

I read dozens of threads every day, and I cannot reply to all of them. Usually it's because I have nothing to contribute to the topic. Sometimes it's because I am in the wrong department to affect that. There are also times when I read a good idea, but I cannot post about it because of non disclosure agreements. Posting about some things may create the false sense that a change is very imminent, when for various reasons it may take time for things to get to the players.

While I am not involved with game balancing, I can assure you that buffs and nerfs are never "random". We have a team of very skilled players and analysts that take many things into consideration when balancing the game. I hope you appreciate what a complex task it is to balance over 100 champions plus items.

In any case, I hope you are enjoying playing the game. I think the best reason to buy skins is because the skin makes you happy. We don't try to make money, we try to create things that players value, and players can reward us by posting about them, telling their friends what they think is cool, playing the game and being a constructive and helpful player, and sometimes even spending some RP on things.. But really, the primary focus is creating value for you as a player. If we create something that you do not find valuable, then we will try to lean better what players want and create something better next time.

If you are wondering about how Riot treats its employees, I can say that I am treated well.

Remember, spending RP is just 1 way you can thank us for doing a good job. I'm happy if you are enjoying yourself and being a nice person in game. If you give tips to other players that's even better! And if you think we're doing a bad job, just make a polite post about it and we'll read it and try to do better (even if we don't post a reply).

Thanks!

"hi I'm from riot and -I think Riot is a great company-"
I'm sry but its sort of fun ^^

Anyway you are right Riot IS a great company