Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 657 55.49%
No 140 11.82%
Sometimes 387 32.69%
Voters: 1184. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhiljeryne

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisD View Post
When will people understand that he is NOT a designer...he says that in EVERY post xDDDD
Too bad he isn't, then he could fix servers apparently.

Booker DeWitt

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Yes. The most I can say is probably. I don't speak for designers. I am not a designer. I don't know if she was nerfed too hard or not. I can only speak in ifs and probablys.
HE SAID IT!!!!. tHE DAY IS MINE!!!!!

Pteor

12-17-2012

I could write a novel on this topic. Riot gets a terrible reputation from players like the ones crying over Diana right now.
What, you bought the skin and now she isn't broken anymore? Oh wait, she's still insanely strong.
Everyone loves to dominate games, so nerfing broken champions isn't always popular. Notice that the Teemo nerfs were extremely popular, even though they were really aimed at AD Teemo, who isn't broken at all.
Riot always responds to the player base. Now, that may not always be doing what's really fair, but it is something to be proud of none the less. For instance, some might say that nerfing Diana's pull range and her ult range was too much, while the majority thinks it was fair. I personally think one or the other would have sufficed, but she's still a strong pick.

In conclusion, Riot is a company that I would gladly pay for this game. Not only is it the game I've had the most fun with, but it's a game that is in better shape in terms of balance than pretty much any other online game in existence. Think about the fact that there are 108(soon to be 109) champions, and that probably 20 of them are considered to weak for ranked matches. And that's a high estimate. While probably 5 of them are too strong to be fair. That's pretty damned incredible. And to be coming out with new and interesting content as often as Riot does? I'll buy a skin or two for that. If the game is around long enough, I'll probably buy them all, because these guys are damn good at what they do and I want to pay them for it.

Clinkz Eastwoood

12-17-2012

i like riot
i hate some of the things they do of course, but im a bit biased.
the deal was sealed for me when my friend was in the beta and the end of his night consisted of meeting everyone in some chat server to discuss how people felt things were going, that was incredible to me. thats dedication, and it makes me happy that i got to see that hapen, because you dont see people talking about that. plus they were kinda dicks to one guy, and i think thats cool.
one of the players was afk for some reason and he gave his excuse when he got back, and the onr riot fellow goes "im sorry, all i heard was i dont want to play the beta anymore" i thought it was great.

KevinDelMarr

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Yes. The most I can say is probably. I don't speak for designers. I am not a designer. I don't know if she was nerfed too hard or not. I can only speak in ifs and probablys.
You just wanted to post here, didn't you?

ChowskyOnTheRoof

12-18-2012

I have to say the thing I love most about Riot is the communication between the people who make the game and the players. You can post a thread directed at Morello and there's a chance that Morello himself will respond to you. I've never met most of the higher ups at the company I work for and I guarantee that none of them would respond directly to the customers in this way. And they would never get on a forum and joke around in the manner that the Riot employees do. I have to say that's one more aspect I love about Riot. None of the Reds I see posting seem to take themselves too seriously and seem to have good senses of humor. Riot gets an A+ in my book.

Yomeiro

12-18-2012

Sometimes it is worth supporting them and sometimes it isn't.
Basically it's depending on the ups and downs that the company goes through at time X.
I'd probably support them more, if Riot would not only listen to Pro players about the opinion on a Champ and balancing them just for the Pros...
Happened so many times, that a Champ got buffed and then nerfed to the ground, just because the Champ was "suddenly" too strong...

Xyllor

12-18-2012

They are good company, but they would be gr8 company if they let eu players on na server transfert to eu servers

Victor Marte

12-18-2012

Wow thanks for all the posts guys O.o. Someone commented on saying how they sold themselves to the Chinese - which gets me worried if new investors come into play because that is how a lot of games are influenced and can sell themselves out :\.

Ellphi

12-18-2012

Riot's not perfect, but as far as my experience goes, it's one of the most involved companies when it comes to community