Is Riot a good company that listens to customers?

Yes 657 55.49%
No 140 11.82%
Sometimes 387 32.69%
Voters: 1184. You may not vote on this poll

Is Riot a good company?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatNinjaGuy

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
To me, a "good company" isn't one that never screws up; that's inevitable. It's one that puts the people it serves first. You're our players, you're the people we serve, so you come first.
I'm not crying, I just got something in my eye...

Mr Popadopalus

12-17-2012

I think riot, when it comes to listening to their playerbase are one of the best. Certainly better than companies like blizzard who just do whatever they want regardless of whether their players want it or not.

sdkando

12-17-2012

Quote:
Remember, spending RP is just 1 way you can thank us for doing a good job. I'm happy if you are enjoying yourself and being a nice person in game. If you give tips to other players that's even better! And if you think we're doing a bad job, just make a polite post about it and we'll read it and try to do better (even if we don't post a reply).
There is a large post in help & support about the lag that has been going around. Numerous polite posts have been made with information regarding various connections and the specific issue. I haven't played PvP in ~3 days for fear of being banned for "feeding" when my connection to the server jumps to 5000ms+ whenever near the enemy team. Others have had it for weeks now.

Acknowledgment of the problem is nowhere to be found, support is nowhere to be found.

Look at every aspect before you decide whether the company is good or not. Balance wise i tip my hat to the entire team. Support has been an issue thus far.

Quote:
To me, a "good company" isn't one that never screws up; that's inevitable. It's one that puts the people it serves first. You're our players, you're the people we serve, so you come first

Séraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Riot company is best company!

Agg

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
If I wanted a job just to pay bills, I would be programming bank software for 3x the income. Most people in the games industry feel the same way.

I'm glad you are happy where you are, but the way you worded the original question gave me the impression that the only thing that determined what job a person takes was that they liked it.

I don't like my job, and I don't have the energy, physical or mental, after a day there to work on getting another one.

It's a bit of a sore point.

Kyraxis

12-17-2012

HERP DERP skin prices herp derp Tribunal bad HERP DERP solo q ELO conspiracy to keep you at 50% herp derp sexy female champions . . .

Despite what idiots say, Riot is pretty awesome.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

They used to be...not feeling it so much anymore...

Shimbis

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
Look at what they did to Diana. They put her and her skin on sale multiple times, right before nerfing her into the ground.

That is a sign of a BAD company and simply ****ing disrespectful and unfair to its players.

This gets a big fat NO from me, mother****ers. Never another cent.
Ah so these are the people who accuse Riot of being a bad company (the people who are butthurt that their champs were nerfed.) Personally, I think Riot is a great company and I get sick of all the witch hunts focused towards them.

TACOxBOY

12-17-2012

well in my honest opnion riot used to be a good company,there are still times when they do good things but for the most part i feel the game is just not as fun as it used to be,things used to be in the hands of the players,sure you would get nerfs but not like they are now,i dont want to put all the blame on one man but ever since morello a.k.a nerf master sucktown showed up its been if its populer nerf it.

i remember those early patch videos when they nerfed pantheon and the look on tamats face is something ill never forget...at the time ad mid was standard and pantheon came and he was the perfect counter with his block and w+e combo,then they nerfed his stun so you could just walk out of his e and that was the end of panth hard countering ad mids.

to give you an idea morello joined around august 2010 and here is the december patch http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.107,in one patch the ruined twitch's ult so noone played him,they removed innervating locket and made sunfire passive unique,sunfire was never op when stacked and if you did not buy orcles or pick to counter you deserved to lose..and ever since everything interesting has been nerfed or changed.
again im not saying its all morellos fault i know there is a hole balance team at riot its just that morello is the guy you can point at cause he is the lead designer.

i remember saving for my dodge runes and when i got all of them i was so happy(i played a lot of jax then)and guess what? too many people cried op and they removed dodge,its just how the game is now.

champ x or build x or item x is never played and called trash and if you pick people will call you troll -> pro player plays champ x or build x in touney or stream -> champ or build x becomes fotm -> people that are too ignorent to learn the game screams op cause they have never faced champ or build x -> champ or item build x gets nerfed.

tl:dr riot used to be good and the game was fun but everythig now is if its popular it gets nerfed.

Deathsin7

12-17-2012

No. Seriously if LoL is taken care of by most other game developer it would be a much better game. Riot keep doing things that most of the community is against (temporary ward skins, 1350 skins, etc), while promising alot of things that never happens or is delayed for stupid amounts of time (stealth rework lol, 2 years srsly? i bet u actually only worked on it for like 2 days, yet keep making excuses because u guys don't want to work).
Their products are very overpriced (seriously $10 for a normal skin, champion or runepage? One skin costs $40? wtf) compared to other f2p games, and they keep making excuses to raise their already high prices.

LoL is a very great game, the best of its genre IMO. But Riot is a bad company, I wouldn't support them.