I main supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Catfish IV

Recruiter

12-17-2012

And I was wondering, since I just started with solo ranked queues, if I should stick with solo queuing frequently as support to gain ELO, or put myself out there for more organized play?

Lemand

12-18-2012

Against All Odds (AAO) is currently looking for a support, we are a competitive team and do tournaments weekly. If your looking for a team we would be more than happy to try you out this afternoon.

Marek

12-18-2012

In general (at least in the beginning of the ELO climb) you want to be able to have as much impact on the game as possible to ensure your team wins.

Therefore, playing support isn't really viable if you're looking to climb.

Baxter the Teddy

12-18-2012

^ not necesarily true.

Supports can HUGELY impact the game. You CAN (with either a half decent ADC or better or with one who will let you tell them what to do- I call it joysticking) hugely impact your lane.

You also do this important thing called warding.Warding can win games. Knowing the enemies position, both offensively and defensively is a massive boon.

If you pick a support with a powerful ulti (like Sona) in teamfights you can chang ethe balance with one R.

HOWEVER, you will NEVER get fed and be the SOLE reason you win. Your actions let your entire team win. BUT you also lack control over other lanes.

Selcopa

12-18-2012

Last season I mained support from 1300 elo to a top elo of 1977, you can rise in solo queue with support (nhat Nguyen went to 2500+)

Benoir

12-19-2012

Easy to go up in ranked with support.
1. Find out who will be adc
2. alt+tab and go to http://www.lolking.net/
3. type in name of adc (and jungle/mid/top if you have time)
4. If they are good at adc (or jungle/mid/top) stay, and if they aren't dodge.
5. profit

Gabelous

12-19-2012

The biggest problem with doing that from S2 is being support basically puts you more at mercy of the rest of the team than as mid or jungle. And even if you play smart your ADC may decide to be stupid-aggressive and ignore CS and then whine he dies because he/she thinks you can take a 2v2 @ lvl 2 with nothing but pots and boots.