Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AFK's and Quiters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nøpp

12-17-2012

I just hate going into games ready to rock and roll and boom, automatically an unfun game of 5 on 4/3 because you have 2 people disconnected or quit. This is totally opinion based but I think if someone is Disconnected or AFK longer than 5 minutes that they're champion should be replaced by a Bot.(For casual games, not ranked) Any reasons why this should not take affect?

NegativeOne

12-18-2012

Let me start by saying I like this idea. Now, I'd like to ask you this question or set of questions, rather.

-How smart would the bot be? Beginner? Int?
-How would the bots deal with item building; especially when the person who quit or disconnected was already in the middle of a build that does not coincide with the "recommended" or usual AI build?
-What if the player finally manages to reconnect after so long and, due to question 2, winds up with items that he never intended to get?

Regarding question 3, I feel the player will have to work with it and feel fortunate that his gold is being used and could very well help him keep up. I still want to hear your ideas behind this, though.

DanSparrow

12-18-2012

There's nothing to ask about how the bots are, it's way better having a bot than a quitter, just as simple as that. If the player comes back, then he/she should manage with whatever the bot did, and if it takes more than 20 minutes to comeback (something like "I come back in the last minute so I don't get the leave&quot he/she should get the leave anyway