Why is Darius so overplayed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Don Ring

12-17-2012

He is a frustrating opponent but even more frustrating as a team mate..
I play an adc and can't get any kills in because Darius just HAS to ultimate everything. Why Riot made a champion that starves the real carries is beyond me. His ultimate needs some rework. Like instead of having it refresh on kill, make it so it can only be used once but buffs surrounding team mates or debuffs surrounding enemies. I'm not saying he's OP. His design is just moronic for the style of the game.

Zeff520

12-17-2012

So are you asking why he is overplayed or complaining that his ultimate is not fair? Also it seems you are trying to insult Riot. I do agree about Darius' ultimate though... Many a kill gets stolen by one. If there's a darius on your team don't ADC or just farm your ass off.

Don Ring

12-17-2012

I'm not trying to insult anyone. Look at it as constructive criticism. The crew at Riot is only human therefore they make mistakes which is all I'm saying. Darius' kit is a mistake. And I also want to spread a little awareness to the Darius players because if Darius isn't taking the kills with his ult from the carries, then his ult is nearly useless making him UP with only 3 skills. Right now there is no correct way to play him outside of basic laning.

Its not a matter of "whats fair"...I'm not 4 years old.
Its a matter of what is best for the team.

Utsuho

12-17-2012

I hate it when i have to fight him on top lane as Olaf. Once he hits 6 it's GG :<
Sometimes i would get Guardian Angel so that when he ults me i would come back to life and since he didn't get the kill his ult doesn't come off cooldown. Still pretty unfair ult. :l

Voyles

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuho View Post
Sometimes i would get Guardian Angel so that when he ults me i would come back to life and since he didn't get the kill his ult doesn't come off cooldown.l
I agree but you probably have already seen the threads of nerfing Guardian Angel.

Utsuho

12-17-2012

Darius is the League of Legends version of Meta Knight in Super Smash Bros. Brawl :l

adc

12-17-2012

So what you're saying is that you're playing with baddies, and his kit is bad because of that.

Lol.

BlackDiamondFox

12-17-2012

Darius is really easy to play and does a lot of damage. That's why.

I Love Slurpees

12-17-2012

You simply misunderstand... All kills belong to Darius

RuralNinja

12-17-2012

A good Darius is able to use his ult to get kills for his ADC if he is in the fight, and win 2v1's when the jungler comes to gank. His ult does wicked dmg, you just need to be aware of when to use it. He is used so much because it is fairly easy to win your lane with him against less experienced players. Learn to play against him, and you won't get rocked.