@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazingArchAngel

12-20-2012

I just wanted to say thanks to Morello for taking the time to post so much on the forums and give fun feedback. It is an intersting read to hear about design of champions and stuff and I like the attitude of the thread. So thanks.

If I could ask about Kayle, what are any changing you see coming to her? She is my favorite champ and I started playing the game only because I saw her and had a connection to her ever since, but now she doesn't feel like she has a home in any lane.

Do you see her as still a good champion, is there a playstyle that I don't know that works for her well? I feel like her ult is just using her sister's E less often and to lesser effect, and her heal doesn't really heal at all. Any insight to this champion from you would be much appreciated if you have the time.

Thanks again.

Godly6R

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imweasel09 View Post
Go play diana on live right now, her auto attack range is larger than the orb detonation range. I am not making this up, its all over the forums. You basically broke her W.
I don't know if this was already posted but in this video you will get the evidence needed to support your point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyPmiJ6SQBQ

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Remake Sion into a fighter like Jax, something that allow him to benefit from both builds (AD or AP) this way he will retain his build diversity but will have a defined purpose.

Kasmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

test

Kristari Zuboro

12-20-2012

@Morello -

Do you feel at all that the problem with Diana may not have been Diana at all, but rather the large influx of new players following build guides for their mid champs resulting in feeding Diana players? If you look at Diana's build guide vs other AP mid build guides, I find only her suggest building the following :

Diana guides suggest starting Sorc Boots, Catalyst, and Abyssal, (and there's usually two Doran rings in here too).
Magic Pen / Health+Mana / Magic Pen+Magic Resistance + Ability Power + (x2 Doran Rings)
That gives you the following : +40 Magic Pen, +45 MR, +100 AP, +360 Health, +300 Mana.

If everyone vs. her builds glass cannon mid relying solely on AP or natural ability to shred her, aren't they just setting themselves up for feeding? How often do lower ELO mids build Sorc Boots into Rabbadons vs. this build? There's talk about how she's monster right around level 6. How many levels does it take to build those items?

If you compare her performance of mid play vs jungle play, I would imagine you'd find it vastly different. Whenever I jungle Diana, I find myself a contibutor to the team, but certainly not carrying it all...

StormEagle5000

12-20-2012

@ Morello like all your feedback great to know your listening. I would hope maybe y'all would help my favorite champion malzahar for s3. He is great but if you bat an eyelash in his direction while he is ulting it stops. I would love to play him competitively he just need some slight help. Suppress champs have a hard time now especially with the QSS buff. Malzahar is a great champ so if y'all could get him into competitive play I'd be super happy!!

Vulking

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormEagle5000 View Post
@ Morello like all your feedback great to know your listening. I would hope maybe y'all would help my favorite champion malzahar for s3. He is great but if you bat an eyelash in his direction while he is ulting it stops. I would love to play him competitively he just need some slight help. Suppress champs have a hard time now especially with the QSS buff. Malzahar is a great champ so if y'all could get him into competitive play I'd be super happy!!
I'm +1 you for you excellent summoner name choice.

StormEagle5000

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
I'm +1 you for you excellent summoner name choice.
Lol Thank you!

Sabunn

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baragiiza View Post
i can't say much for the other champions you listed because i don't play them or I agree. but with these i just can't see how you can say these things.

Brand - the randomness of his ult is the whole point. if it could somehow always hit x person, it would be way too much damage. cast at the guy you want hurt, then break him with your abilities or with your team.

Galio - no dynamic? his wind move increases mov. speed right? gives that chaser a push to get the kill. his ult is a taunt. taunts kill enemy teams and saves teamates if used right. his moves are meant to buff allies and deal okay damage, not totally obliterate the enemy without a second thought.

LeBlanc - no late game? stack that ap and watch the damage go. sure you're squishy as hell, but she makes up for that with good ap ratios. the only real problem i see is that you kind of have to rely on your team for some cc, otherwise you're golden

Malz - dude, what? his ultimate is just fine as is, you have time what your doing to get the best damage out of it. you want a minion? set up your passive before you unleash your r.

Edit:Just saw :Teemo- Just remove this champion from the game plzzzz.
Why? hes not op. if you feed him, you will die but thats your fault not teemo. his mushrooms are like wards, and only a handful of champions have abilites like wards. if you hate him so much, learn to counter him
Brand-How would having an actual reliable ultimate broken? Riot has been trying to remove RNG for almost a year.

Galio- Hes just a boring champion. his ultimate isnt that good. Shen can do the same exact thing with a 10x shorter cooldown. He doesnt bring anything to the game at all. Theres a reason no one plays him at higher elo brackets.

Leblanc- The only way you get to that stage late game is by being extremely fed... And by that argument every champion is good when fed..

Malz- He has a great aoe silence and the rest of his kit is outdated. He has to stand there not moving to actually do damage which leaves him vulnerable to any kind of cc. any smart person will stun him as soon as he ults and then he has nothing.

Teemo is just a personal hatred of mine. It has nothing to do with any kind of balance. I just do not like the champion. simple as that. it was only a joke...

Project BooMFiRe

12-20-2012

Rengar is useless now he does no real damage nd tht increased fade out time is ridiculous. He wasnt broken before rengar couldve been shut down easily. Whereas diana was just plain strong and tanky with just a rylais