@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitsonpuppies

12-17-2012

I've seen lots of caitlyns, miss fortunes, and ashes in competitive play (I don't watch THAT often, though). I don't think calling Ezreal the only one left is a fair statement, Shedim.

LastStraw

12-17-2012

Rengar now can't one shot the ad carry : which is ok for me, but why on earth you took out his ability to sustain in jungle as well which i know it is too strong in late game which Rengar can tank well with tons of damage at the same time.

Did the team considered that giving Rengar back some att dmg on Q, nerf more on the resists he got from the Roar then let him die with the carry on the opposite team to make Rengar feels more like an assassin ?

Opreich

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hehe, I typically go to the rework place for this, but with Volibear, one skill getting some big changes could do the trick.
Obviously W.

Knight of Dusk

12-17-2012

Hey Morello, is Volibear being looked at? S3 hit him hard and he was in an iffy place to begin with..

A little off topic but we of the Armoured Bear Offensive Front are desperate. Desperate I tell you.

Minishmaster

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic P0tato View Post
I can't think of any time Riot has "brutally violated with the nerfbat every week" ANY champion, ever. Example of this please.
Tank gragas starting in patch .106. His entire kit was nerfed except Q (which has minimal value to tank gragas), and every one of his core items was removed or nerfed, from components like HoG and Catalyst, to lategame items like Locket and Banshees, even to starting items like Fort pot.

soundbot

12-17-2012

Morello, I'll bake you cookies if you get us more discussion on Diana.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Can I just ask, why are you so quick to nerf powerful champions, but almost never take a look at weaker champions?

Ex : Burst mages. Took you a whole season to even remotely buff them through items. I honestly don't understand why you would do that.

Also, Morello pls....
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2869475

Sajenix

12-17-2012

Morello, what does it take for a champion to be "on the top proities list?" can you please explain that? Is it someone who hasn't been touched in awhile or is it when the win rate drops? Please explain.

Undtoromeso

12-17-2012

I understand there's a lot of 'their kit needs some redesign, so patching them now would be premature and wasted effort' sort of stuff. Is there any overarching list of priority on who's in for redesign in the nearish future and un-patch-fixable at the moment?

Ghatia Poisson

12-17-2012

On a more irrelevant note, when did you manage to get diamond? Looking at your season 2 stats and it doesn't seem feasible.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/241271#ranked-stats