Gifting Center - You haven't been friends for quite enough time yet.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLindrea

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Friends added to your list after December 11 will not be eligible for gifting during this season's test.

The date restriction was implemented as a security measure for the gifting system test to protect Summoner accounts from gift hacking.
I love how a company, in the name of "security" imposes these retarded limitations. My brother started playing League last night and he loves it, and now he wants to try out new champs that I am WILLING to pay RP for, yet, oh look, I can't, because Riot is retarded

KiremaLightblade

12-31-2012

I've been friends with my husband since I started LoL in the summer, and an accidental ignore click is now preventing us from gifting each other. Why does ignore remove friends anyway? With the gifting center, we just pooled all the RP on one account, no need to go through the process on both accounts, but now that's not working.

Eliiiiii

12-31-2012

bump, I have been friends with a close in real life friend on LoL for many months now and I went to gift him a skin and I got this error, somehow he might have deleted and re added me in that time, but does this now mean I can't gift him a skin for new years?!

JewJiitsu

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistborn Elend View Post
I'd guess that if you got your account hacked while you had RP, they could just add their Summoner name and gift them things. This time limit gives the other person time to get their account back/report the problem... Just a guess though.
No, thats not it, because you have to purchase the RP or champion to gift.. you can't just hand out the RP or champions you already have registered to YOUR account.. Riot would make more money if they aloud you to gift whoever than limiting it, so i really dont know their logic behind it. Only thing i can think of is riot wants to make it harder to get the summoner icon for it? but people will still gift whoever on their friends list to get it, so seriously.. Riots logic is way over my head on this one lol. It's mind boggling

SavageOF

03-17-2013

yeah one of my friends got hacked my some chinese during xmas for the gifting thing, he lost his RP and they bought him a name change for some reason to chinese characters so he appears to have no name.

xtremyst122

03-26-2013

God, I accidentally un friended my bro and i cant gift him

Inishi

03-26-2013

Wait till the gift shop is open again. This prevents gift hacking. It's a two week thing. There are tons of holidays when the gift shop will re open. Stay calm and eat cereal.

dissentient

03-29-2013

Anyway this rule could have exceptions for members in good standing?

My girlfriend just started playing, and she's loving Sona, but Sona is expensive AND HAPPENS TO BE ON SALE, so I kinda want to give her it before the price goes up. Which won't happen because I only added her to friends yesterday.

Nathire

04-16-2013

Is there any work on this yet? An explanation at least? It is frustrating because I have new friends that would like certain champions and would be more than happy to accomodate them and keep them playing.

GonzaRm

05-19-2013

Bump!!!!